Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Some are better than others

I had a 1968 MGC (experimental model, Austin Healy 3000 6cyl engine put into a small MGB body) The car was fast, very fast. Had it opened up to 135mph one time.

I started having some engine missing problems. This engine had carburetors that you had to add a little oil to. I tried to diagnose the problem myself, but couldnt find the problem.

I went over to the local garage that had a very reputable mechanic. He kept the car for a day and when I picked it up, he said he could not find any problem. No reason the car should not be running fine.

Then I took the car to the MG dealership. They gave me a loaner and kept my MG for a week. They ran all kind of diagnostic tests, took the carburetors apart, ran different diagnostic tests. End result, he told me that there is no reason for the car to be acting painfully. But I told him, it just doesnt run right, the car stalls and sometimes its almost impossible to get it going first thing in the morning. He didnt believe me.

Six months later, still having to deal with the problems of what I knew was a damaged car, I went to see a friend who recently opened up a repair shop. He looked at the car, drove it for a couple of minutes, came back to the shop... Opened the hood, went to the carburetor assembly and picked up a hose that clearly had a leak in it.

He got the part from the shelf, performed the procedure and the car is as good as new!!! And it took so long and all those different mechanics couldnt find a thing.

Whats this doing here on Spine-Health ?

There are good and bad in every profession. There are some that can identify and isolate a problem quickly. Then there are some that just cant seem to find the problem. We can only wish, we go to the person who knows how to diagnose.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Bonny and Clyde had the same problem (in the movie). They were lucky enough to find a "good" mechanic. When asked about the problem, he simply said that..."it was dirt in the fuel line, and I blowed it away."

Perhaps the next time I visit an ortho/neuro surgeon I should ask if he/she has seen Bonny and Clyde!! Some days I also feel as if I have dirt in my fuel line.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    edited 11/10/2012 - 3:02 PM
    I think this is the first time I've totally agreed with your post and that you understood where I was coming from.
    Bottom line, I know we both only wish that the medical profession always had people that could diagnose our problems without giving us a complete run around.

I am not sure if its the diagnostic testing, or could it be the diagnostic approaches that different doctors take.
    You and I both know how so very importing it is to isolating the problem from the onset.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I found your story about the car interesting several people around me have had spine issues and not asked what surgeons would be good to see. These same people do call and ask when they need a mechcanic for their cars.
    I guess the car is more important then a spine. To bad you were not around here I have a knack for just riding in a car and hearing even the smallest vacum leak, strange but it works.