Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SSD review

Hi there everyone,

Haven't been around in a while to post, but still read your posts all the time!! I am very concerned. My review (3 year) for SSD is coming up in December. Can anyone explain to me what all that entails? I was found disabled for "back pain, depression and chronic migraines". My back, still the same, no better, no worse...still getting treatments all the time that doesn't work like PT, getting ready to have an SI joint injection...this is the ONLY injection I have not tried yet. I'm on a LOT less pain meds (narcotic anyway) bc I had a wake up call after my primary MD referred me to a pain clinic. Get this I was on 100 mcg of fentanyl patches plus 240mg oxycodone a day!!!...Lets just say, I don't recall much of those two years! My new pain doc switched me to methadone and I'm going to say I've been on every pain med and that's the most relief I've ever had. Well b/c I didn't like how she did things...gave me no break thru meds, would take me back the day of my appt for an injection and stick me with epidurals, unsedated and I screamed for my life as she did it...it's almost like she flipped thur my chart and said "hey, I need to pay for a vacation, let's do an injection!" Anyways, so I switched back to my pain doc from about 5 years ago who I love, but she hates methadone....said she wouldn't put any of her family on it...so we came up with a weaning plan and now I'm just on oxycodone prn (everyday). I'm also on topamax and lamictal...both for migraines and nerve pain (sciatic kills me). I still take zanaflex for pain.

My migraines are worse than 3 years age...I am assuming from the bulging discs in my neck and the tension? Like I said above, the lamictal and topamax is supposed to be helping, but not completely. I also take imitrex and phergan for those.

My depression, anxiety and social anxiety is 10-20 times worse! I'm on 3 antidepressants....Wellbutrin, Remeron and lamictal. and not getting much relief so far. Oh and I take cytomel for an extra boost and vit d3.

My anxiety is undescribable. I take Remeron for that as well as clonipan up to 4 tines a day for that. We will probably start weaning my wellbutrin b/c that can provoke anxiety and my quack pain doc put me on it for anxiety to get me off benzos. I have severe painic attacks...they usually happen at night in the middle of the night, which brings me to my last major issue....

Insomnia!!!!! I hate it!!! Get this, and my psychiatrist put me on all this stuff for severe insomnia. I take Clonapin (2) at night, I take 2 zanaflex, I take my remeron which makes you sleepy, I take a 10mg ambien, AND she added 400mg of serequel!!! But, quess what? It puts me to sleep, but I wake up b/n 1:30 to 4:00 EVERY single night and can't go back to sleep and the panic attacks are so bad that I have to keep busy, so I will unload the dishwasher and do some laundry to keep busy. Nothing is on but infomercials, but I can't sit anyway.

So, as above, my psych does not think I'm bipolar b/c I'm always depressed and never have a manic episode, but I'm on two bipolor meds....serequel and lamictal.

So, honest opinions, how does my case look for continuing SSD. I'm 39 now and do have a nursing degree. I have doctors notes saying I can never sustain gainful employment again and that I am to switch positions every 20 minutes from standing, walking or sitting.

What are they going to send for me or my doctor to fill out....it gives me a panic attack just thinking I could lose my benefits!!!! Please help me! Somebody! Thanks....

• I couldn't tell you. I've been denied twice and have my hearing with a judge next week. Good luck tho:-)
    Herniated disc C5 C-6, DDD, Fibromyalgia, Nerve damage both arms, Disc Decompression, SCS 2010, Si joint pain, many epidurals, mri's, trigger point injections. Nerve conduction tests, RFA 11/28/12, RLS
  • in the middle of a reconsideration myself, waiting to hear something. The main thing is I cannot get medicaid (in Ohio) until I am declared disabled by social security luckily the hospital and doctors work with me for financial aid or I would be dooomed
    Scoliosis in t-3, t-4, and t-5, degenerative cervical/spine disease, and sensory poluneropathy
  • Does your doctors still write you can't hold down employment. It has to say any type of employment not just as a nurse. Sense you are young have a education, you are what they consider re-trainable, so you never know, I would think the biggest thing is in these two years that you were consisted with treatments every month for the reasons you were deemed disabled?
  • wrightmswwwrightmsw Posts: 25
    edited 12/18/2012 - 6:55 AM
    the only thing I have ever done is worked as a waitress. Due to this pain I cannot hold down that type of job as it involves carrying standing walking and almost all the things I am having difficulty with I am going to have a long discussion with my docs on friday
    Scoliosis in t-3, t-4, and t-5, degenerative cervical/spine disease, and sensory poluneropathy