Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Viedo Killed the Radio Show - Spine-Health Chat

I stop in every once in a while to see if anyone is in CHAT. I think I am seeing the same as everyone is seeing.

Its a shame, because I have always felt that CHAT was a feature in Spine-Health that could be and was so very useful.
Yes, from time to time, so members made it their platform to do whatever evil deeds they wanted to.

Back in 2009, I knew that CHAT was so very important to my overall frame of mind. I would look forward to thatw
10:00EST time when the "GROUP" got together. It was a fun group, not so much talking about their medical problems, because we all knew that from the forums.... But it was to let our hair down, unwind and perhaps for 2 or 3 hours have fun and not think about our pain. If anyone remembers those times ( and there are a few, Erin, one of the original and most respected members had a thing going about Red High Heels - need a say anything more - all very innocent)

Today, I have not seen that.. BUT WHY

I need to know from all of you what is the problem.

1 - Cant get into CHAT
2 - Nobody is there
3 - Dont feel like chatting by myself
4 - ??

Please, I am asking for you to give me blunt answers here. Dont thin I am going to use responses here to block or ban anyone. I would really like to know. If its something that can be fixed, then we FIX IT!
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I'm back was in hospital (no not with dave) but I'm back and trying to get chat going
    come on ppl
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • The few times I went anyway, I was alone and the format is very different. Not bad but seemed slow and just different. I dont mind things being different but I wish we could get the 'who's in chat" back. I used to love chatting with Mary and Molly....I only chatted prior to having my surgery, sure would be a different chat now!
    3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012
  • So 1 from above multiple choice.
  • gaj399ggaj399 Posts: 270
    edited 11/12/2012 - 7:34 PM
    Where's the "who's in chat" button. It told you if anyone was there. If not it saved you the time to go in and find out no one was there.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I had to get up the other morning at 4am, (late evening US time) I was in such severe sciatic pain and sitting up is the only chance I had of relieving it. I thought I would log into Facebook, Mary had just posted an invitation to all sh members to come into chat.
    It was great to see some members in there, have a chat for a while and then I was able to go back to bed, it was just like the old days. I was so grateful for that distraction.
    Thanks Mary

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • For some reason my Mac won't support this chat thing...I have no clue why...Way back in the old forum day chat was a great way to unwind like someone said for a couple of hours..
    2007 ACDF C6 - C7
    2010 Aspen Cage L4,L5 for Grade 2 Spondo and spinal stenosis
    2011 Non-Union C6-C7, Revision Posterior fusion with hardware.
    2012 Failed fusion of L4, L5. Revision L4, L5 Fusion with hardware.
  • For me it is number 1 as well, I have an IPad and it doesn't work
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    edited 11/15/2012 - 2:57 AM
    Windows - Just need the right level of JAVA (and for me it was a 3rd party firewall problem)
    Mac - Several people use it with CHAT, I dont have a Mac, so I cant tell you how
    IPAD - I did get parachat working on an IPAD, but it does not work with Spine-Health
  • Dilauro I have been in chat a few times but there is never anyone there..
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    Any time during the day I went into CHAT, I have not found anyone there. A couple of months ago, I did hook up with starsinhereyes and it was good to be back in CHAT.

I am not sure what is keeping people away. But one thing seems constant, when people go to look, there is no one there.

I do miss the Whos In Chat function. However, that was part of FlashChat which no longer is supported or works with the Drupal we have. We have a Parachat facility..

Guess we can all just keep going into chat to see if someone is there.

Or perhaps set up a thread with some CHAT times that are good for others.

For Example:

Mondays (EST Times) 11:00-1:00
    Tuesday 09:00-12:00