Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ups and down? It doesn't seem right 6 weeks post lumbar fusion

Had my 1 level lumbar fusion with hardware Oct 2. I feel I have progressed pretty good. At about week 4-5 I was down to taking Norco to 2 times a day. Norco 5mg in am and Norco 10 before bed. I would take a muscle relaxer before bed. I was excited by this. I don't know what happened. I could have overdone it by feeling good. Or if it is just plain ole healing but I am 6 weeks I am having to take my Norco more often than the last couple of weeks and I am much more uncomfortable now. I am not sleeping well and can't get comfortable in bed.
Before fusion I was not having alot of pain. I was having trouble sleeping. That was caused by a piece of bone that was broke after a previous surgery. When I came home from hospital, I slept so well with Norco and Zanaflex. Now.. I can't hardly sleep and I know this sounds funny. I have a horrible deep bone pain, I am sure from surgery. I didn't have that when I came home. Also sciatic pain now...
So what gives?
So back to the chair and couch. I just am frustrated the last few days..I did do a couple of things over weekend and wonder if that aggravated it. I walked thru mall and then my husband and I tried to have some personal time..So...Any thought? Hopefully that last bit wasn't TMI.
2007 ACDF C6 - C7
2010 Aspen Cage L4,L5 for Grade 2 Spondo and spinal stenosis
2011 Non-Union C6-C7, Revision Posterior fusion with hardware.
2012 Failed fusion of L4, L5. Revision L4, L5 Fusion with hardware.

• we had our surgery the same day,same kind... I tried step back to Norco a week ago and it doesn't work as good as the oxycodone 5 mg.that I had before surgery... I was sent home from rehab(15 days) after my surgery with Dilaudid and
    That was so harsh on my stomach I switched to Oxycodone after a few days.. then after about a week I felt pretty good so
    Went to Norco 5/325 but I had more depressed feeling and some leg pain that wasn't being helped with Norco..
    I try walk some but it is cold here so hard to get outside and Mall is 20 miles away so how much do you do every day?
    I try do some leg stretches that PT had me do at the Rehab Center.. I try really hard not to bend or twist,do not want
    To undo anything,so my husband is a great help. with socks and shower,etc.. the personal stuff can wait!!!!! Ha
    he is understanding with that and of course we are getting old..ha 67 and 70....
    Best Wishes to you!!!!