Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pressure in head

hi am new on here just wondered if anyone is suffering from the same as me.
i have degnerative disc disease which is worse in my neck (some Neural foraminal stenosis: C5/6 severe on the right) but my main concern is the pounding pressure in my head which is constant, it feels as if my head is going to explode!!
i've had physio treatment on and off for the past 12 years but this is a new problem (not even sure if its related to the neck problem or not) i am waiting for an appointment to discuss this problem with him.
any help or advice would be more than welcome, i am at my wits end here.

• RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 11/15/2012 - 7:24 PM
    When you have spine issues and then have a new issue come up you need to have it checked by a doctor.
    I have had problems like this which were related to my spine.
    If this is still going on get it checked the sooner the better.
    I don't feel right about posting much more on this as it could be taken as medical advise which I would not give.
    I would answer any questions reguarding my experience if that would help you.
    We are going into a weekend, if your still in pain get some help.

Good Luck
  • hi, I have congenital fusion of c3/4 and had c5/6/7 operated on in may, (see profile)
    before the op a pressure built at the back of my head which at times even seemed to freeze my thinking. immediately post op the pain was gone and i was so relieved, but it built back up. i am 6 months post op and had 4 trigger point injections into the back of my head just over a week ago that has given me a small but worthwhile amount of help. i dont know if this helps or sounds very different to yours, my pain was very clearly in the back of my head even though at times it felt as if it were trying to push my eyeball out from the back! please let us know how you go, and hope you have a good day today :-)
  • sundaycatssundaycat Posts: 8
    edited 11/23/2012 - 11:42 AM
    have you tried putting ice bag in your head? that works for me when i have head aches or if i feel preasure