All NEW members, your first discussion needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published. Please dont create duplicate discussions.
Chronic sciatic pain : reviews on effectiveness of tens for damaged sciatic nerve
I'm 35, and I've been struggling for about 8 years now w/ chronic sciatic pain from a herniated disc L4L5 that collapsed sciatic nerve & was undiagnosed for about a year, then diagnosed in 2005, microdiscectomy (spelling?) 3/28/06. With little to no relief. Have tried PT, many injections, traction, meds (narcotics, anti anxiety, lyrica, norflex, meloxicam), reike, massage, trial for implanted electrodes? (not a fan), counseling, and others I can't currently recall. At this point the assumption is nerve damage & possibly interference from scar tissue.
- am currently trying a tens unit again but have some ?'s on placement for leg & foot pain?
- also considering having nerve burned but am reluctant to have another procedure & am unclear on side effects or negative impacts associated with procedure?
- first time trying a forum but am encouraged by the fact their are others struggling w/ some of the same issues and empathize for those in a worse position but am open to ideas, encouargement, & thoughts on how I can improve quality of life, thank you for any response if even just an encouraging word as most of my friends have a difficult time understanding severity and limitations from chronic pain including some of my own family.
- even at times doubt myself and feel like I should just suck if up and learn to be stronger.
- any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you, Sam