Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 level acdf

I have right shoulder pain is this normal post surgery.
diter kress

• Welcome to Spine Health!

It would be helpful if you could give some more information along with your question.
    How long ago did you have your surgery?
    Did you have this pain before your surgery?
    What sort of level of pain are you experiencing?

I have just had a 2 level ACDF (C3/4 and C4/5) and have had pain in the back and sides of my neck, shoulders and upper arms. I believe that this is normal, and my surgeon did warm me about it before my surgery.

I think you will find that this site is a friendly place with lots of other spinal sufferers who are willing to share their experiences.
  • Hi there, Elad:

Welcome. I recently had ACDF C3/4 C4/5 about 3 weeks ago. I have not had the pain you are speaking about, but I would encourage you to contact your surgeon's office and speak with the nurse or the surgeon to ask that question.

Since each person is different, it is important that your surgeon is aware of what is going on for you.
    While this forum can definitely be helpful, it shouldn't be a substitute for checking things out with someone close to your situation.

The only "pain" I have felt since my surgery is some muscle strain at the left side of my neck, but I am aware that the way I hold my neck either triggers it or not.

I really would contact your surgeon - not in an emergency manner - but just because s/he needs to know what is going on with you.

I wish you well.
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion