Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My spine is jacked up

I have had a bad back as long as I can remember. I remember in 4th grade when the school tested for scoliosis I was the only kid that got the letter sent home to my mother. When I was 17 My Dr. and my mother, and I resided on Chiropractor and they actually decreased my Scoliosis from 65 to 53 in my Thoracic. Well my mom and I weren't satisfied so we when't to an Orthopedic Dr. and had Harrington rods surgery done. Which helped tremendously but that is when my pain started. I didn't realize I didn't have pain before surgery. Well 2 years in to it one of my hooks became dislodged and I had to have the Harrington rods taken out. While in the process they cut a very important nerve in which I couldn't lift my right over my head carrying things. This was done in 1996. Also had a debilitating neck injury From then til now I have been going to Dr.s and everyone told me there was nothing wrong with my back. Fast forward to now I finally found a pain management Dr. willing to do something like give me epidural shots that didn't work. Finally he was willing to do an spine stimulator and he had a really hard time getting that in. Finally after that procedure I finally have a Dr. to tell me I have really messed up back. hollalooya So he referred me to a neuro surgeon So on my first visit I scheduled a Four level ACDF. I finally got some relief. So I went to the Dr again and now He has me scheduled for a Tlif L1 thru S-1. Now here is my thing I have been reading some story's on here and I have yet to hear a story about so many levels done at one time. I am really scared and nerves. Also I have a very big tolerance for pain. I am worried they won't be able to get it under control. Does any body have any advise for me. I would greatly appreciate anything. Thanks for reading my story.