Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need help

First off I hope I'm posting this in the right section,this is ny issue I get 120 15 mg roxis &one just does not do nada for me I brought this up to my doc&he didn't seem to have any ideas what to do&I kinda felt like I better not ask for nothing more so I didn't.Id like to get my tolerance down because this isn't working so what my question is if I just take enough everyday just not to get sick&I just deal with the pain will that help to lower my tolerance?Thanks

• 1ofmanyinpain11ofmanyinpain Posts: 60
    edited 11/26/2012 - 8:02 AM
    I was at a PM office for almost 9 years when I had to suddenly find a new Dr. I didn't get a "last" script even though I was 4 days from my next appt. I was taking 120 mg. of Methadone along with 5 Oxycodone 30 mg. daily... Then Nothing for almost a month...I have so many things wrong with my back that actually needing pain meds isn't up for debate. But starting over with a new PM is always starting at the bottom... At first they gave me Percocet 10/325 at 1 every 6 hours...That sucked...that went on for 3 months... oh, along with 2- 15 mg. Morphines a day... then I had to get Caudal Epidural Injections, the last one is this Wed. before they would change anything... But I was having a rash reaction so he then changed me to Lortab 10/500 at 1 every 4 hours.... no Morphine..Then I was still having a rash so I figured it was the Tylenol and they changed me to Oxycodone 10 mg. (no Tylenol) but only 3 a day...So, in my opinion....being on something is better then nothing... But I know how it feels...but being WD sick is horrible for anyone... I went through it for a while and having what I have, even though it's not giving me much pain relief, is better then going through withdrawals...I would like to know how long you have been seeing this Dr. and what is wrong with you... Time is the key to having a good relationship with your PM Doc...
  • I am titrating onto methadone. I was on fentanyl and disliked it so I got off of it. So far I have had 4 days of 1 dose, 5 mgs. and 2 days of 2 doses, 5 mgs. I am feeling really good and haven't noticed many side effects. Jury still out but I am cautiously optimistic. K