Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scaried of the pain

I am Kandi I am scheuled for a TLIF L1-S1 on 12-13-12. I am an very high dosage of pain meds. As it is. I had a 5 level ACDF in August 2012 I really suffered from the pain with that one. I am so tired of being in pain. I just have a very strong feeling this is going to be the most painful thing i have ever done. My back has been bad for 20 years I have aDDD and scoliosis.
Sincerely sleepless in pain...

• Welcome Kandi . Well no one on this site is going to criticise you or ignore your concerns here. We have all had fears, pain, and down days thansk to spinal problems. However there are many positives life stories from people as well, lots of support, advice and sympathy. So whenever you need to vent, or have a question, or just want to make contact with people who have had similar experiences, post away. It certainly has helped me through surgery. Best wishes
  • Thanx for ur support I have posted 3 times and got no responds so it is nice to see 3 posts thank u Shell2y. I don't. Know what yo do with my anxiety fear excitement dread terror and everything else. My surgery is in 19 days. I have so many thoughts going through my head they won't stop.
    Sleepless in pain
  • Shell2ySShell2y Posts: 80
    edited 11/24/2012 - 8:37 PM
    I find that most people pre-surgery and immediately after post on the back and neck surgery forum, rather than the recovering from surgery forum. So any comments and questions maybe use that forum for the next few weeks, and I am sure I won't be the only one to give you support
  • I agree with Shell2y that the surgery forum is likely your best option right now. I used it extensively before my recent fusion surgery and had very good support. I only just started posting on the recovery forum.

I am very sorry for your pain, and I hope your upcoming surgery will be a brilliant success!