Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 herniated

I hurt my back Feb '12 at work. L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 herniated. Physical therapy gave no improvement. I received my 3rd spinal shot and no relief. I am waiting on w/c to approve referral to surgeon. w/c won't allow me to go to my chiropractor. Only treatment is what they allow. I am taking 350 mg Soma, 15 mg Meloxicam, 50 mg Tramadol, 5% Lidoderm patch, and a lotion 4x daily. I am off work, lost alot of my jobs. (I do merchandising for many companies). I am going to search the forum for similar stories, info on surgery, and get some support emotionally. Thank you for this site!
L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 herniated.
Physical therapy & shots no relief; looking into surgery.
Taking 350 mg Soma, 15 mg Meloxicam, 50 mg Tramadol, 5% Lidoderm patch, and a lotion 4x daily.

• It can take a very long time to heal if it has a chance to heal on its own, Try all alternative treatments before jumping in to surgery unless dr says it cant be avoided, Get more then 1 opinion and hang in there as spine is complicated and many suffer sometimes even after surgery,

If all dr,s agree surgery is a must then you have no choice but untill then often they try traction and other treatments as they know surgery always has risk and only needs doing when all fails,

Good luck and dont let w/c. Pressure you in to anything as they from what i hear can be more of a pain then the spinal injury itself,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,