Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does this mean my Facet Injections didn't work??

Hi all,

I've had loads of these injections over the years... but in the last year they're not working for as long.... and the pain is getting worse. Here's the current situation... First... very confused about what exactly doc did!!! My Ortho referred me to another pain doc because the new doc did rhizotomies under sedation. Got to new doc... on the table and the aneasthesiologist comes out and tells me i'm having a rhizolosis.... and not a rhizotomy.... then the New doc comes out and meets me, and says he'll do facets first... and if they work we'll do a rhizolosis or a rhizotomy the next time.... Fine i say lol! Just relieve the PAIN!! So afterwards, I get home and look at my after care letter for my GP... and the letter says they did rhizolosis!! So... not sure what they did to me!! Procedure was on Monday.... felt great after due to the anasthesia... Tuesday very sore from the procedure and needed my tylex to cope + ice + heating pad... Wednesday and Thursday I felt sooooo fabulous!! Best I've felt in over a year :-)))) Even my sciatica was gone :-)))) Then Friday morning... I start the decline... and by Friday evening... tears, crying, PAIN is back... so disappointed!! So here's the question.... does the fact the pain went away so completely.. and back so quick... mean it worked?? didn't work?? is it too soon to tell (typically supposed to give it 10 days or so to kick in - but since it did kick in and then stopped... what does that mean??? I feel so deflated right now!! I have both my core back pain from the arthritic facet joints back... plus the sciatic pain that could be from the facets.. or the bulging disc at L5/S1.... By the way... .I had an L4/5 fusion in 1998..... mess back there LOL!!!

Any and all experiences welcome!!!! Thanks so much and hope you're feeling better soon too xxx
L4-L5 fusion 1998; ACDF C4-6 2008; DDD

• Injection is used for testing, If it helped that means they found the sourse of the pain generator, Now what they going to do about it is the million dollar question, Sadly most injections dont work very long, Thats why i am ready for another 1 myself ,

Good luck on your next injection or nerve burn which ever they decide to do next,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,