Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pregnant with bulging disc

Hi All,

I need some help please. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and have a bulging disc on the right side and am in lots of pain in back with sciatica going down my leg. I am taking lyrica and tyenol for the pain and using heat. Does anybody else have any other ideas on what I can do to help? I also have RSD in all my limbs, fibro, have had 3 back fusions on left side and have a SCS. Thanks

• How do get a 3 fusions on left side ? You mean a 3 level fusion ? They fuse the whole thing not just 1 side i am prety sure, I am not sure what else you can realy take thats safe while being pregnant,

I have been using neuroveen i found on line which is natural and it does help some, Might be worth checking it out especialy if narcarics are out of the question during pregnancy,

I also have the scs but even that dont control the nerve flare ups, If you already have a scs you know there is no simple cure for a lot of these symptoms its just trying this and that, But i would recomend neuroveen as i am suprised i dont hear much mention of others using it here,
    I will use anything that helps even the slightest. I would drink horse pee if i thought it would help the nerve pain !

Good luck and congrads on having a baby, Poor kid will have to help pay off the money our country owes. Lol. Did you find the baby a job yet ?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Shell2ySShell2y Posts: 80
    edited 12/01/2012 - 10:52 AM
    Hi. When I was pregnant with my daughters what also helped were lots of the other pregnancy, aching back techniques, just I had to start them a lot earlier in my pregnancy and do them a lot more frequently. So they included sleeping with a pillow between your knees when sleeping on your side, or under the, if on your back, to help support normal hip position, lots of time just wallowing in the pool trying to take as much weight off the back as possible and relax the muscles, yep-heat packs, no carrying any bags or lifting anything thing heavy at all (so just like immediately post-fusion), for me I watched tv etc by laying flat on the floor with my legs up, knees bent at 90 degrees, an feet resting on the chair (helped stretch my back without weight or pressure and felt good) . I know activity is the last thing you feel like now, but with another 10 or so weeks to go, and then the exertion of looking after a little one where you will need to use your back, it's no time for your strength and back flexibility to be allowed to deteriorate more than it already has- so I would strongly suggest you look for a good physiotherapist who is experienced in helping women through pregnancy and new mums. Hope all goes well.
  • Also, it would be sensible for your obstetrician to be aware of your back problems and also discuss with him/her their thoughts about epidurals should you need one during labour. I was told to take my scans with me to the hospital so the anaesthetist could see them and would know if I had an epidural where was the most effective and safest part of the spine to place the epidural
This discussion has been closed.