Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another new member

scoobyrobsscoobyrob Posts: 6
edited 12/01/2012 - 8:08 AM in New Member Introductions

my name is Robert and I'm 23 years old. I live in Ireland and am currently doing a computer technician course. i will be 5 years out of a job in feb coming.
my problem started when i was 18 years old and working as a forklift driver in a factory. story made short i ended up lifting something too heavy and really hurt my back in the lumber region. i spent a week off work and returned to normal work activities.
a few months later i lost my job due to the recession. a couple months later the pain started to return(about end 08 - start 09) many trips to the doctors, could not find out what the problem was, started tramadol 50mg twice daily.
months went by where the pain was constant,dull aching that would just not let go. i really could not find out what the cause was. eventually my doc sent me to get an MRI done. results came back ALL CLEAR!! this got me really frustrated and confused, I even started to doubt myself, is there even anything physically wrong with me? months went by, tram dose went up, pain persisted. then I recently went to Croatia, while i was there i went to a private hospital to get a CT scan on my back, as it turns out i have a ruptured disc at l4-l5 and a worse one at l5-s1. also i had developed nerve pains in my left hip, esp when i sleep on that side,soin about 5 years later i take 325mg of lyrica a day and 300mg of tram extended release a day, most time 400mg tram due to increased pain. i am due to meet a pain management doctor in feb and i really cant wait for it, i really think i am at the end of tram as it is very inefective for me now that i have a high tollerence to the drug now. i hope i am givin something better to manage my pain

i have just come accross this site in search of hope, comfort, whatever it is that I need to be reasured and be greathfull that I could be a lot worse off too.
anyway enough of me talking and look forward to talking to the rest of ye,
thanks for reading

• When I began reading your post I thought it was going to be that you never found a cause for your symptoms. Sometimes that can be the worst part, having the pain and no test shows why. I'm not quite sure how your system works over there (I'm in the USA), but the next steps would be Physical therapy, perhaps more tests. It is too bad that you have to wait for such a long time to get into pain management, Over here we seldom wait more than a couple weeks to get the tests done and get into PT. My regular gp ordered the tests and PT so that when I moved on to the next step (Neurosurgeon) all the test were done and should I say all the ducks were in a row. Our system is set up a little different than yours, so I'm probably not a lot of help but we have quite a few members from the UK who I'm sure as they come on will step in and give you a few tips.

Once again welcome, look around the site, there is a great deal of information to be found on here just by searching around the site.
  • scoobyrobsscoobyrob Posts: 6
    edited 12/02/2012 - 9:58 AM
    thank you for your welcome!

i have been to physical therapy twice, unfortunately it did not help!
    i dont know what is next for me! sounds like ye have a good system over there, unfortunately our system is quite bad, from the day i got the appointment to the day i am due to go see the PM doctor it is 9 months. but I am very fortunate that i do not have to pay for my medication, otherwise i dont know how i'd get by!

i will go search the forums, thanks