Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This started a year ago with a severe pain in my right buttocks. Five doctors later, 3 MRI's, Flector patches, cortizone injections, pain killers, massage therapy, and every diagnosis under the sun... now i have it radiating into my right knee and right lower leg and it has just started about a month ago onto my left foot and left shin. I think they are missing the main diagnosis and treatment. Can anyone help me? I am sooooo over it! Symptoms: Pain, Ache, Throbbing, No pattern, No rhyme or reason. What I was told it was in the past and have been treated included: Butt Bones no longer have cushion, degenerative lumbar disc, hip arthritis, tilted pelvis, periformis muscle syndrome. Still in pain, thousands later, and ready to cut my legs off. I just turned 49 and I cannot go another 20 years like this!

• I had the same issues and took years to figure out disc was leaking, Discogram was the only test that finaly confirmed 20 years later that it leaked on to the nerve and mri never showed it,

Sadly even after surgery i still have the nerve pain posibly due to the stuff that leaks on the nerve can fuse itself to the nerve and when they remove the disc i ended up with nerve damage,

When they cant find it dont mean its not there, Have you had a discogram to inject the disc and see if it shows up leaking under the cat scan after they inject dye in to it ?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • smaxwellssmaxwell Posts: 4
    edited 12/03/2012 - 9:27 AM
    ugh, i don't even know what that is! but i will check it out and ask my doctors about it... it's just so damn frustrating...
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    Its very difficult for anyone to provide responses without having more details.
    For example, you mentioned this started a year ago. What doctors have yous seen and what tests have you had. Then based on those tests, what have the doctors recommended?

Also, what treatments has your doctor started you on? Are you on any medications?

The more you can tell us about your situation, the better we can respond

Not to be cruel, but dealing with this for only a year may seem look a long time, but when you start to read about other situations and how they are dealt with , you may start to see things differently.

Last, I am always the optimist, so why should you have to go through this for 20 more years?
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have many endless hours,days into wks of leg pain.
    And I have been going thru same doc, tests, I have gotten diagnosis, and yeah same treatments.
    So I am wondering what did those 3 mri's say ? what are the five different docs saying, any of them give you any answers.
    It is hard when the docs don't see it on there mri, and many other tests, they often don't have the answers.

what type of docs are you going to? try them all from ortho, neuros,
    Before I ever had back issues I must say when someone told me they had severe back pain, I just thought well go get xray or mri and doc will fix ya...duh duh I had no clue how many many different things can cause such hellish pain.

I'm not sure I help you any but read, read research more....we can't leave it up to the docs we have to fight the fight with our knowledge.
    Have you tried emg testing? do the docs have any idea of what discs are causing pain, Usually they have to have a good guess before they put a needle in you. I'd get some more answers before looking into disco-gram.

tc and keep us posted
    a lot of great info and videos on this site
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
This discussion has been closed.