Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What can I expect during myelogram?

My surgeon has scheduled me for a myelogram to see why I'm still losing strength and ability to walk even after ACDF for cervical myelopathy. What can I expect from this test?
Barbara Roberts

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    First, listen exactly to what the doctor tells you.

I had my first in 1978. Then, IF you put your head down, you would have uncontrollable headaches for hours.
    Then in 1982, I had my next one, and the change was IF you sit up, you will have uncontrollable headaches.

In both situations, I listened exactly to what I was told and had zero problems. Each time, I was laying on my stomach, the numbed the area , then inserted the needle that would remove fluid and inject dye. (the old way was oil based, today its water based, so it gets absorbed)

Should be very uneventful.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I had one and the whole thing didn't take too long... I felt bit pressure..and after they did a ct scan ....which they kinda rolled me back n forth to move the dye around.

I was told if felt headache to lay flat, and after they watch me for a bit and if a headache comes on they tell ya drink caffeine.
    I got home still headache and called i was told lay flat and drink a lot of mt. dew (guess highest in caffeine) well I don't want to scare ya, and it's rare (thats why happened to me)haha
    My headache turned into a train running thru my head.. I had my doc on the phone as it go so much worse.

I was lucky to have nice doc he paged ahead to er and they had a anesthesiologist waiting for me and they did a blood patch, which instantly stopped the train. Like I said it's rare, but I had a small spinal leak.

As Ron said listen carefully to the doc, they walk you thru it. It really is not bad at all.
    I really have bad luck on any tests.

hugs and good luck
    please post and tell us what they find or don't find... it's good I think to have some answers.

neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.