I'm scheduled for an ACDF on Monday, had my pre-op appointments today and man was I surprised when all my Dr's freaked out because my A1c was at an 8.2 (I'm type2 on oral meds). Seems everyone forgot to mention that a high A1c could delay surgery. My surgeon and I had an "adult conversation" (his words) about whether or not we should proceed. We decided as long as I had a good support system after surgery and did everything I could the next several weeks to bring my numbers down that we would go forward and keep the surgery date. Anyone else been through this? Any suggestions or advice?