Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Difficult times

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 12/05/2012 - 2:24 AM in Depression and Coping
The Holiday season is upon us. This is the time for joy, laughter and enjoying what we have.

But for so many, its a sad time. I am not going to get into the dark time brought about by emotional disorders, but instead trying to reach out to so many that have a difficult time

Loss of a Loved one. I don't think I could even come close to putting into words what some one must feel after lossing someone so dear and close them. My heart reaches out to those who are experiencing this.

Loss of a Parent. I only separate this one from the one above, because the feelings are different. That does not mean that the pain is any less or more. I lost both of my parents in the past 10 years, my father, honestly was a blessing for him for all the suffering he had. My mother, 2 years ago, came from no where, no clue, etc. These were your parents, the ones that molded you into who you are today.

Depression. All year long, there are others doing everything, now when my family or others need me, I can't be there. I cant help cutting the tree down, I cant help bringing it inside, I cant help putting the lights on it. You can see, I can not
help with anything! Depression big time happens about now

Anger . Along with number 3 comes number 4. Damn, I want to be able to do all the things to help make my family have the best possible holidays. But instead, I cant do anything Deep depression

Reality I cant change a thing about whats going around me. The best I can di is to make sure is that I am at my BEST...When I am at that level, I know I can help.

Sorrow Here is where I sit in a chair, just moping. Sure things have not come my way medically, so, I will sulk in the darkness . But wait, what about my spouse and children, they also had to suffer so much while I am in this condition.

The only words I can put here, is that I am older and wiser. I've made so many mistakes in my life, I have created the environments, I mentioned above. I hope that I can continue to show others that there are so many paths and trials we need to take

He Aint Heavy His my Brother

We are not all brothers and sisters, but we are Spineys, and that is one strong bond
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Always profound, always perfectly timed.
    3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012
  • For such a wonderful post! Becoming part of this Spiney Family here has sure helped me through this year. thank you!
  • I needed to hear this today! It's been rough! Thank you :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Hard when I have no children to celebrate with and all my family. brother. cousins have families of their own and lost touch with most or they're too busy. Well don't want to drag anyone else down but I have a lot of good memories that keep me going.

Remember the true meaning of Christ mas. Still thankful to be here and taking it one day at a time. Hold tight everyone, I know there can be hope for tomorrow. Merry Christmas. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Well put Ron,
    For our family will be rough we lost my dear Friend (my mother in law). She suffered so but we thought was just another trip into hospital, and we thought had yrs left.
    I am glad she is no longer suffering to just take a breathe was hell.
    I have been very ill and hoping I can get better to help my hubby, he was just so very close.
    I have lung issues also, and if I can learn from her to be so giving and just not a whiner, always asking of others when they were ill.

My sis in law (hubbies twin) is wanting now (few wks till xmas) have a party and do grab bag gifts. Well its slap in face for me as she knows I an my son can't enter her home filled with smoke and other things due to health. Just wish she'd stop badgering hubby (she doesn't take no for answer ever)

I have missed my huge family gathering for past few yrs, due to I am always sick this time of year. Hoping it has just come early and I will be fine. My d is 22 and has hardest time if I miss out. I told her in past its fine, I will be okay. But I am not
    I have cried so hard many times after they leave. As I was the one who helped run things at each party....due to we are about 55 to 60. So hard for family not to see me bossing, running the show, Me and my sister. I guess they all thought was great, haha I thought I was a bit bossy.

This year is going to be different (as I am in deep thanks to be still here).
    Take all those words just posted and I'm trying to take out the I I I I's
    Contacted my Church and going to do anything to help.
    It's not about the gifts, it's about giving, give a blanket, make a sandwich, and help those around you don't have a roof over there heads.

I I I am very blessed. My hubby and kids have stuck by me more than I could ever have asked for.

One year think was 2 yrs ago, many of us gathered on to Yahoo chat room and did voice chat.
    Omg ppl was the most fun ever. We did it many times before but for me on Christmas Eve, and New Years eve meant the world to me... and soo much fun to hear all the accents.

So how ever dis-functional our blood families are, we have our Spiney Family.
    So if I am not lucky enough to join my huge family this year, I will be hosting a party in chat.

So dress your finest and grab a cup of (whatever)cheer and let's start chatting again.

neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    edited 12/10/2012 - 7:17 AM
    Mary ...

So are you planning a New Years Spine Health Chat .... like last year??

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!