Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Second Opinion?

I got injured on the job in the end of May this year. When I realized I couldn't wait for my jerk-wad boss to make an incident Within a couple week a lawyer was retained and it all began. My first MRI findings were scary enough. Can't find it this second, but I remember the worst part of it - Stage IV sequestered herniation with 7mm fragment floating around abutted against S1 nerve.

Now, fast forward more than half a year into the future. The radiologists findings were sobering. I want to see a neurologist who has less to do with these freakin crooks. Can anybody tell me how much a neurologist would charge me to look at the MRIs, It's gotten worse really fast. I don't trust many people any more.

Any dollar figure would be nice.

Errol Fernandez

• Is your case a work comp case? If so depending on the laws of your state, you might not be able to see them. I would first read your laws and learn about the rules so you know what your options are. If you retained a lawyer they should be able to help you with a independent medical review. While you will pay for it in the long run out of the settlement amount, they could arrange it so no payment is made up front. If your employer insurer is providing you care, while you might not like it, go through your attorney to get what you need. If your uncomfortable with your attorney, I would suggest that you find one, now before you owe them to much money, and you are to far into your case.

If your planning on seeing a neurologist on your own, keep in mind the minute you say it is work comp, they will not treat you even if your paying cash. Which leads you to saying that it is not work comp, which could be latter used against you, if you use that opinion. If it is just for your own knowledge, and want to be sure of the health care being offered to you, then you could call and ask them what price they would charge for a cash customer. Sometimes if you pay cash up front, they will give a discounted rate. The other thing to keep in mind is that the treating physician once they review whatever opinion may not take kindly to you seeing another doctor, so expect them to not be so kindly.

I can understand your in a bad position which is why I urge you to use your attorney and let them take the fall for it, and not you, but addition so your in within the laws of your state. Good luck and I hope this helps. Work comp can be very frustrating I know been at it 7 years now, so hang in there, whichever way you choose.
This discussion has been closed.