Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mid Upper back pain and popping sturnum

Hello All.

I hope you are well.

Hopefully this website will be my new best friend and help me get through this awful pain. i am 33 years old and generally have good health. i have been diagnosed with arthritis in my neck and been told my neck looks like it belongs to a 50/60 year old... which i know is not good. Even though my neck is in a bad shape it doesn't hurt me that much. My main problem is the pain in my thoracic back area between discs T1 and T6. I have always had a problem with this part of my back since having a motor bike accident, over the past few years i have been living with the pain and going to see a chiropractor when ever my back feels tight and needs an adjustment.

I started doing weights a couple of years ago and at the time it felt like i was cured and the pain went, BUT since doing weights i now have a sternum condition where it hurts at times then pops (clicks) when this happens it actually relives the pain in my chest. I told my chiropractor about this and it seemed to go through one ear and out the other so i have now changed chiropractor.

The new chiropractor advised after assessing me that the right side of my upper back is almost locked, very stiff and the muscles are tight with knots especially around the scapula. He recommended certain treatment to free it up - a combination of acupuncture and manipulation. I have now been seeing the new chiropractor for 3 weeks, having 2 adjustments a week and acupuncture. I have felt the pain/pressure subside in my sternum but my back is killing me.... i am also getting a pain in my chest on the right side...

Do you think this is due to the area moving again and being regularly adjusted?

Thanks you for your help and any recommendations for stretching would be helpful.