Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal fusion surgery

I am 10 days post op spinal fusion surgery. Going great but having some pain down the back of both legs that concerns me. Kind of feels muscular and I did have a couple of severe pain episodes in the hospital that they said were muscle spasms. Any thoughts on this back of the leg pain? I don't see my surgeon for several weeks.

• Hey Chick,
    Any concerns I say call doc's office. Only from my fusion I know my doc was there for me any concerns.
    We all react differently. What level did ya have done?
    I had a L4,L5 fusion and each day I'd say had different pain some place. How bad is the leg pains?
    Is it constant type or like shocking type.
    How long you had pain in legs, for sure always call the RN. leave msg for doc.
    Being 10 days could be body reacting to surgery, please please follow instructions for recovery very carefully.

I have chatting with so many ppl who feel great, and often it is the mask of the meds.
    Go slow, write down your pain, changes, times, how long last. Will give doc more info.

tc and keep us posted
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Thanks for responding Mary. I had L2 ans L3 done. I had 4&5 done several years ago. The leg pain is not bad. Mostly only when I cough or laugh or move quickly. He told me I would have lots of strange pains in strange places. It's just that after my first surgery I had pain in my front thigh and it never went away till now. Wouldn't want this to be like that but itis what itis and its most likely sore muscles.