Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 mos. post surgery on my cervical spine

I am new here...I got this site as I was surfing about my condition. I had a benign tumor at the level of my C1 and C2. I wasn't aware of its presence until I had an accident at work where a box fell unto my head and neck. I was paralized just after the accident. I am unable to move my hands and legs and my head was so heavy...I feel nothing also but I am conscious. When I was brought to the hospital my motor and sensory function are odd. First impression was I suffered from spinal cord injury...after few diagnosis like scans and MRI...it was revealed I have a tumor in my spinal cord at C1 C2 and its abouft 2cm. I was shocked as I didn't noticed any abnormality in me for 32 years of existence and now they are telling I got a bomb there and wil soon explode...just making a little funny about the reality. It was confirmed that i have a tumor and I have to undergo surgery because it is compressing already my spinal cord...worse scenario? I may die, totally paralized living on ventilator or tracheostomy...why I got all these issues as few hours ago I was as strong as a bull and fast as a cheetah? It was scary but what else I can say or do? Surgery was a must. Done on July 18, 2012. I got a cut at the back of my neck. I was unable to walk for few months. My right leg was so weak and numbness all over my body. My head was so heavy as if I am carrying something. I undergo Physiotherapy and at present I am able to wlak on my own although my right leg is still weak and my left leg is still so numb. I have also the feeling of spastic from waist done...and what I am uncomfortable is my head...it is still heavy and and seems pulling the muscles of my eyes, ears and nose...oh, my right shoulder also droop..it was very obvoius few months earlier but getting better now. It has been 5 months after the operation and I still don't feel the real me. I still feel like a robot? hehe. Sensation haven't back to the normal stage and motor function still need to work out speially with my right leg.
There are times I feel so sad that suddenly I was in this situation but thinking that I have survived is already a blessing from God. I still feel the pain...spasm...and all sorts of unussual feeling...I ask "when I can get over with this?', " Will I still have a chance to go back and do the things I used to do?" I KNOW...no one can tell but to hear some of the experiences others have undergone may lighten my mind...
I hope I could hear some words fom here...thank you so much!

• You have had a really unusual journey. But it could have been so much worse! So sudden. You seem to be still improving, albeit, slowly, which is great.

My nerve recovery pales into insignificance compared to yours.

You seem to be coping well. What sort of meds they got you on?

Take care.