Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Very Good Day to You All!

Hello all,

My name is Jamie, I am 22 years old finishing up my Undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan, and applied for Law School this year. I have spent the past eight years with a very unusual Chronic Neuromuscular/auto-immune disease that my Neurologists here at UofM have called CIDN, Chronic Inflammatory Demylenating Neuropathy that affects the right side of my back, rib cage, and shoulder. I have a wonderful girlfriend who is my saving grace and is my nurse on particularly miserably painful days.

I have been reading the forum for quite some time and thought it would be nice to introduce myself. I can very much sympathize with all you members suffering with Chronic pain as I have been suffering with it for a good portion of my life. I also just got a positive diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis a week ago that particularly affects my hands, feet, and shoulders for the time being. I truly have the most wonderful family who has stood by these past eight years giving me all the support possible and have gotten me into see some of the very best Neurologists and Neurosurgeons in the entire world. I have been to the Mayo Clinic twice and have a few doctors there who I usually go see once a year or every other year to give them the lowdown on how things have been going. I have always been an extremely independent and hate the fact that I often times need to rely on others to help me, but I just have a wonderful group of friends who take care of me. Aside from the prescriptions, I am also an advocate of Medical Marihuana in helping with my chronic pain.

I suppose thats my story and I appreciate you reading and look forward to getting to know some of you on the site.

• Sorry to hear you dealing with this condition, I also had to visit the mayo back in the 90 ,s when my pain issues started,
    They came up with similar auto immune dissorder which was affecfing my spine, The doctor at the mayo knew someone here in chicago who he worked with previously and sent me to him as this dr is a neuro himself and they did treatment of plasmapheresis which resolved the auto immune issue,

The dr i seen back then at mayo is now also here in chicago with same hospital where he sent me to,
    Norttshore is now working along with the mayo clinic so people dont have to go as far as the mayo,

If you want more info on said dr pm me and i would be happy to give you the names if they might be able to help you wiith your issue,
    The dr from mayo is very well known as i seen him on tv on his findings of treatment for some person with hard to treat condition she was not able to find treatment for untill she seen this dr,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,