Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2mons out from Microdiscectomy

I am 2 months out from Microdiscectomy at L4...the disc had herniated out and was pressing agaisnt my spinal nerves...MAJOR PAIN for bout 2 mons prior to surgery...no use of right leg, horrible leg cramps, foot was numb, always cold and always cramped...after surgery all of this horrible pain is gone but i still hve leg cramps and hip hurts...this is bearable compared to bf surgery...just wanna know if this will go away with time...i am 36yrs old and athletic and want to continue to be athletic(so not playing any sports right now) but maybe n future...any advice is appreciated...i take Anti inflam, muscle relaxer, and neurotin at night and in morn....seems to help

• Suggest you record your pain and circumstances prior, etc in a pain journal. Then provide this factual information to the surgeon or GP. Quite often, it expected that the GP does the pain management after surgery. Focus the conversation on the pain you are still having and what could be producing the pain.

There was a really good post on this exact subject in the last couple of days that discussed this better than me here.

I feel for you as I had same story, but got partial foot drop too. (Click name for story, if of interest)

When you seeing a doctor next?
  • I am 3 months post-op and I am still having issues also. The hip pain especially rings true with me. I put a update post up recently, check that out. The best thing I can say right now is the bad days are getting fewer, less intense, and more time between. So I think it is a procees.

Good Luck!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • Dave I last saw my Neurosurgeon on Nov 20 and he released me but said if I had any questions or concerns to give him a call...ben..mine is worse if I stand or walk for long periods of time...nothing compared to pain from bf surgery this is just that annoying ache...Thanks both for you advice...I have talked to some people who have had similiar surgeries and they say it just take time for the nerve to heal and since it was my spinal nerve that it affects all kinds of nerves...I am not the most patient person in the world and dont want to totally screw up all the progress I have made