Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4L5S1 posterior on Dec 21st

Mom TMMom T Posts: 63
edited 12/12/2012 - 4:41 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all , my surgery date is Dec 21st... We are scraping out some disc, fusing and lifting my disc's back up from the slippage... he will be using some of my own bone from the scraping of disc plus donated bone, rods and screws. Went today for my pre-op testing and brace fitting. Got my surgical wash and mersa pre care packet. Did my grocery shopping and we will get the rest of the house in order next week. Christmas is this weekend with the kids and my grandson :) I should be home by the 24th.! I have a hospital bed. got a great deal on it several years ago..had to order a rail tho.. I bought a piece of satin material to put on my bed.. couldn't find any satin sheets around here?!?! My husband will be home for a week with me... can anyone tell me how long I will need someone with me? I have ppl checking up on me and such..but didn't know if they will need to be with me all day? Thank you all and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS... God Bless and Prayers to everyone!

• On your surgery date. I hope all goes we'll and you get pain free over time.
    Keep us posted.
    L4/5 herniation13mm sequestered fragment L5 root compromise.
    L3/4 annular tear.
    L2/3 3mm bulge and annular tear.
    Tens mpo combo system
    Epidural L4 L5 28Nov12 / 12Dec12 / 26Dec12. All no relief :( SO FAR
    MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013

• I hope that you will have a wonderful celebration of Christmas this weekend!
    Take lots of photos of it all, then you can enjoy looking at them when everyone else is celebrating to remind yourself that you had a good time too.

I think you are going to be glad that you have a hospital bed at home. So many of us really miss our hospital beds once we go home. Also having your husband home with you for that first week, will be a great help. Now as far as how long you will need someone with you, it is hard to say as everyone's recovery is so different. You may be able to manage on your own after that week, especially if the house is well prepared with items you need to use at about waist level. Having people popping in to check on you, they will be able to help if there is something you can't manage. You can always change the schedule of your day to do things like showering, once your husband is home from work.

Make sure that you have at least one grabber. If you have an upstairs, then a couple (one up and one down) will be good. I only bought one grabber and then borrowed another two so I had one down stairs, one in the bedroom and another one in the bathroom, where I often seemed to drop things.

I'll be thinking of you on 21st December Teresa and will be here to support you through the recovery.
  • Well I got a phone call from my Dr. office today and my insurance has denied my surgery?!?! I have already went to my pre-op and brace fitting..which I have at home.. I called and was not a happy camper with them. I asked why would you ok me for pre op then? They said that the majority of Dr's order pre-op testing before it is actually ok'd because the changes are good that it won't be denied..So I informed her that was stupid :) because now I have to pay for a testing Iam not using!! My Dr is appealing it and arranging a peer to peer hearing and I guess we will go from there but as of now they took me off the surgery schedule for the 21st. which now..if I dont' have it by the end of the year..yep you guessed it the will get even more $$$$ as I will have to start all over..which is what i feel they are doing anyways. I am beyond aggravated. I will update more when I know more... Have a Merry Christmas all