Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scs removal / replacement today!!

Well, this morning at. 9:30. I am scheduled to have this old scs removed and a new one put in! I am. So afraid and worried but I do have faith in my Doctors.They are taking out the Boston scientific and putting in a Medtronic.This will be try #3 but with a neurosurgeon and my pm doc who is also an anestesiiaologist. So I am more confident in them that's the do I had last who now lives out of state! I just worry cause its based on outpatient and she last 2 I stayed in hospital for 5 days each time?!....maybe it WILL be done right this time.I hope so because I know it works whe in the right place!
Pray for me and wish me luck and gentle hugs to each of you..
Vella aka Mia
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,904
    edited 12/13/2012 - 8:58 PM
    I will be thinking of you and hoping all that all goes well today.
    Good Luck

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 12/13/2012 - 9:25 PM
    Hi when you have the time can you or will you tell us why they are making a trade.
    My PM wants to change my medtronics to a Boston sci. My surgeon does not want to make the chance.
    Are you having problems. I do not know for sure but it sounds likes certain companies are trying to get theirs changed. Sounds like money games being played. Who now's.
    Any Inform ation would be help full. Thank
    Rick
  • Well, wouldn't,t u know it!I show up @ 7:30 a.m. Get settled in for surgery,I've and all that stuff then wait....and wait....and wait....finally at 1:05 p.m. My pm comes in and says the surgeon has a complication with the previous patient and they will not be able to get to me today....yes, I was cancelled.This surgery has been trying to happen for 3 years now.For one reason or another it has been postponed.This was the worse as I had I've and all that stuff.
    My p.m. Says he will do all he can to have it done by end of year.......I just don,t know anymore....I feel like ripping it out myself!Thanks for all the well wishing. Mia
  • Mia
    Did you get a date yet? I hate trying to get things done at the end of the year.
    I hope it works out for you.
  • Mia
    Did you get a date yet? I hate trying to get things done at the end of the year.
    I hope it works out for you.
  • Mia, I am so sorry that happened to you! I had the same wait time when I went in for my surgery but luckily they finally got me in. I hope they get you rescheduled quickly!!! Good luck!
advertisement