Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tragedy in Connecticut

Around 09:30 this morning at a Elementary School in Sandy Hook, CT, a gunmen (or possible two) came into the school and shot dead 26 or 27 people. 18 of them children.

This was a school for grades 1-5, so the children were very young.

Its hard to even think that someone could do this. Innocent children shot dead. Latest news I've heard was that
an entire kindergarten might have been the target.

The gunmen was killed.

Investigations are still going on...

My prays and wishes for all those families who will forever be effected by this tragic incident.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Very sad and horrific. Praying for all that are involved victims and there families
  • My heart goes out to the families, what a sad day. It's hard to believe this has happend in an Elementary school to innocent young children. My prayers are with the families today. What has our world come to...
  • charryccharry Posts: 5,657
    edited 12/14/2012 - 9:45 AM
    Horrible that innocent children were killed just because they were in the same room as his Teacher Mother. It's a very sad shocking day.

Condolences and prayers for the family and those affected. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    edited 12/14/2012 - 10:01 AM
    and told me that his best friend found out a short time ago, that her nephew was one of those killed at the school today.
    So, now it just brings this closer to home.

Why? These are things I will never understand.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Praying for all the families and friends who have lost loved ones in this horrible tragedy

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Those poor parents.....my heart goes out to all people affected by this tragedy.

It is another sad tragedy in our nation.
    One can complain because rosebushes have thorns-----
    or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.
  • in Monroe, just next to Newtown. I imagine I still know folks in the area who have kids and grandkids nearby. It just makes me sick. I can't even imagine. Such young lives taken in a senseless rampage. I shut the news off to listen to Christmas Carols. All these experts telling why this kid did this -- WTF? They have no idea. I wish the media would not cover this stuff in such minute detail. I think it just gives the next nut an idea on how to carry out their own sick agenda.

My prayers go out to those who lost their loved ones today. It's indescribably sad.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • It sure is sick and just devastating.
    Prayers and my heart goes out to all these families.
    Makes me think twice sending my son out the door.

May God watch over all these families.
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
    edited 12/14/2012 - 5:48 PM
    Is all we can do is offer prayers, while many of us wish we could do so much more. I know for myself that I was one happy Aunt hugging my baby nephew at the end of his school day. I watched at the school yard of all the parents, who came to gather their kids, so many more than normal and most on foot, not a typical pick-up day. As I was waiting, I felt so truly blessed he was coming home, while all those children wouldn't be, and I can't even begin to feel their pain or what they or going through. I can't imagine coming home, to gifts bought for christmas, and their is no child to receive them. Seeing a empty room, or reminders going off for boy scout's or girl scouts. There will be many first for all of these parents in the coming days, something no parent should have to experience. I for one will pray for them all, but never speak the killer's name. I will give him no justice in is mission.

I do understand there might be some mental illness involved, which reminds if you have someone in your family, circle of friends or where ever, that don't be afraid to watch for things they are doing, and so on. That is not to say this would have prevented this murderous event, it just reminds me we all have to participate in the world we live in.

Tragedies happen, and so many times they happen away from you. So you can feel sympathy for the victims, but it never hits you in the stomach. Besides my son's best friend having to see her neice be buried, there is also a co-worker who had their next door neighbor's daughter killed that day.

I dont want to use Spine-Health as a vehicle to express what I feel, but I am very sad, Christmas has not come to Connecticut this year. I try however I can talk about this on my Facebook page.

I just can not see how any parent in this tragic time can go through the holidays without having their precious boy or girl with them Irs so hard for me to even talk or write about this without tears and sadness.

I pray and hope that no other parent or sibling will ever need to go through something link this.

But my biggest fear is that unless something is drastically done, we will see more of this sometime
    first time in over 18 years have all my wife's sisters, brothers, parents been together for Christmas.

One of my sister in laws had brought 26 white stones from Michigan. On the 23rd, each of us painted the name of one of the 26 victims along with something that they loved in life.

Today, we went to Sandy Hook.. There were hundreds of people walking down the street from downtown to the Fire house. Along the way, there were roses, trees, angels, stuffed animals, candles and so much more trying to honor those that lost they life on 12/14/12.

My little niece placed those 26 stones on the ground near the firehouse. It was a heart wrenching time. As we slowly walked back to our car, I just couldn't help notice that everyone had such a drained, sad , perhaps teary look to them.
    I saw tributes to those 26 from as far away as the Middle East, from almost every state in the USA, from South America and more.

I dont know how life goes on for those hit so directly.