Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MSM Glucosamine Complex

Has anyone used Glucosamine with success for neck pain? Please share your experiences here. Thanks.

• Yes, no benefit. I have read that this has found to be beneficial only on knees.
    My neck pain is caused by too much PC use-like now!
    I now have physio and massage monthly, alternating. These help a great deal.
    I also do a series of neck rotations daily while in the shower.

Pain killers as needed. I think most neck pain is caused by our activities, so the main attack should be on modifying our behaviours to be kinder to our necks.

Moving around every 30 minutes is the current advice from my physio.

The new scourge for neck pain is the plethora of electronic devices. They come with a high price tag!
  • Well, I have been reading that this product helps in reducing the pain though not immediately and also it rebuilds the bone and the cartilage tissue and it has got very less side effects.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    for over 10 years now. I have not notice any substantial improvement. Over the past 4 years, my doctors have recommended other OTC that seem to be more helpful. But those are really for my advanced degenerative arthritis
    My doctors recommend supplements such as
    - ArthroMax with Theaflvains
    - OTC with krill.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have been taking Glucosamine with Chondroitin and MSN for nearly 3 years now.
    I have read that it does not really help spinal problems but is good for knees. I continued to take it because I have problems with my knees. They have settled down pain wise, although are still alarmingly noisy and give way sometimes. I am hoping that the tablets are helping. :-)

I had a lumbar fusion and laminectomy nearly 3 years ago, and had a 2 level ACDF 8 weeks ago. That rather confirms that it doesn't help with spinal problems!
    Before my ACDF, I was visiting the physiotherapist weekly for facet joint mobilisation and like Peter, I do a series of very gentle exercises while in the shower. The warm water helps. I also walk every day and believe that keeping everything moving is important.

Dilauro, I am interested to know more about the supplements that you take for your arthritis.
    Do you think that they are helping you?