Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Numb and sore Buttocks from laying around after TLIF

Anyone have experience and help for painfull buttocks from having to lay around so musch after TLIF surgery. Since the surgery was at L5 S1 the incission was very low on my back causing me to be unable to wear undeware or pants at the proper waist level asit presses on the incission. I mostly can only lay flat on my back with my pants pulled down below the old butt crack. Since so much laying around like that, my lower back and upper buttocks are so sore and achey....not quite bed sores but close. I can only lay on my side when I am up in bed. Still can only sit up for short periods of time. 3 weeks after TLIF surgery.

• You can wear sweat pants but not regular pants no ? 3 weeks is still early out of surgery , You can just go to your follow up appointment in the nude , Just walk in with a long coat and nude ,

I do that now and my incision healed long ago !

All you can realy do is sit on a pillow or anything soft , No mater what low incision is going to be a pain in the ass,
    I know because my scs implant in my buttocks hurt like a mother trucker untill it finaly healed ,

Good luck on your recovery ! And cover up that crack ! Crack kills,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I discovedred that much of the pain was due to the strapping that the surgical team uses to hold your body down to the table while they are drilling and sawing and pounding on your spine. Brutal!