Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4-5 S1 TLIF w/pedicle screws

tlbennett73ttlbennett73 Posts: 9
edited 12/17/2012 - 3:07 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi new to the site,but have read many posts...some encouraging,some not so much:/
Going to try my best to describe my condition going to try bullet points.?.
}have a rare genetic disorder Anhydrodic Ectodermal Dysplasia(hair,skin,teeth), X-linked resesive
}diagnosed digenerative disc disease(osteoarthritis) with 2 buldging discs
}severe stenosis w/severe narrowing of spinal canal
·had months of physical therapy result little help,traction "set me on fire"
·epidural steroid shots~made matters worse
·nerve block~not much help ~feel like bone grinding on bone whenever I shift my weight.?..
·I'm 39yr. Old male
·have had 3 seperate opinios=all say surgery is required,but ultimate decission is mine
~scheduled for surgery next week Dec.27,2012
Wish I could say I wasn't a bit apprehensive,but trueth be told I am starting to be. I'm usually opptomistic,and take life as it comes. After watching videos and reading posts I am getting a bit anxious. Any words of encouragement,and what to expect during recovery would be greatly appriciated. Told i will be in hospital 3-5days after surgery. That is the part that bothers me most as I am very much an independant person,and DO NOT like hospitals.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post and appologize for spelling and grammer.
God Bless!!
L4,L5,S1 TLIF w/pedicle screws surgery was on12/27/2012