Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here...

Hello, my name is Erin. I am 30 years old. I had occiputal to c3 fusion over 5 years ago. Wish this site was around when I had it or if it was that I would have found it. I had to have surgery because my c1 was congenitally fused with my occiputal and c2 and c3 were congenitally fused. I complained for years of headaches everyday. No doctor listened to me. They insisted all I was was stressed. Eventually things got worse and started having trouble holding on to things and finally ended up getting seizures. My Neurologist finally decided to give me an MRI and found that my spinal cord was being pinched between where c1 and c2 were. I had an amazing recovery. Never felt better in my life. Living headache free was amazing. The only thing that bugged me was the instrumentation. Recently I have been having trouble with headaches and holding on to things again. I also think I can feel my instrumentation again. I am getting a little worried. I do not want anymore surgery!!! Thanks for listening. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

• Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
    edited 12/20/2012 - 5:15 AM
    Welcome to Spine-Health.

Wow, what a story. It took them five years, trouble holding things and then finally seizures to get an MRI. That so sucks, but it a happens to a lot of peeps here.

I'm glad you've felt so much better, bu be sure to take tis new pain seriously and start working with your doctor right away It may be nothing, but if it is something (and you know your body better than anybody else), it should be taken care of before it gets worse.You may be able to stave off another surgery with PT or other cnservative methods,. but adjacent problems are common.

Sorry for the bad typing, I just got out of surgery
    Tuesday and ain't quite myself yet. :-)

Take care and welcome! Let us know what happens, ok?
  • I just wanted to welcome you to spine health. I can't offer any advice on your new pain cause I have only had lumbar issues. I, however, agree with Cathie, you should seek help from your doctor immediately. If you have caught your issues early enough you may be able deter another surgery and just have conservative treatments. I am sure that there are other people on the forum that can share their experiences with you. Again, welcome to the forum.

Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.