Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Car accident after fusion

I had a cervical fusion almost three years ago. I have never been given a straight answer if it fused and still have lots of nerve pain down my left side. I was rear ended last week and now have two more bulged discs above and below the fusion and two more in my lower back. Since the accident I have had constant nerve pain in my arms and legs. :( Im trying therapy and a chiropractor but wonder will I need another surgery one day?
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear that you now in pain, after the accident.

As you will remember from the days of your cervical fusion, you should be referred to a spine surgeon for an assessment. Sounds like you have had some diagnostic testing done, since you know about the new bulging discs.

Whether you have surgery or not, will be a decision you will need to make based on knowing the risks of having or not having the surgery. Additionally, the impact on you quality of life will have to be factored into it as well.

Hope you get a really good surgeon that will help you understand your new and unfortunate spinal symptoms.