Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Noticeable lean to the right now

Motorcycle RiderMMotorcycle Rider Posts: 45
edited 12/23/2012 - 9:00 AM in Recovering from Surgery
My wife noticed tonight that I am leaning to the right side and its quite noticeable. SHe told me to stop favoring that side and when I told her I wasn't we looked in a full length mirror. For me to feel that my back is straight and not by looking at it I am leaning to the right side very noticeable. When I stand up straight you can see the curve in my back. I have fallen several times now after the surgery and called on the first one as I was in sever pain. Was told that I would have had to fall really hard to do any damage and not to worry that the pain will go away just go ahead and take my medication and it would be alright.
I sure don't want to have to have another surgery. Im only 19 days post op now. I have numbness in my right leg, (reason I have fallen) had that when I came out of surgery but not before. The surgery was to put two screws and a rod in on the right side and only a screw on the left side into the wings of the vertebra. I am worried now and very concerned about this.
Anyone have any help on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Motorcycle Rider

• I had a noticeable list after my first surgery. At the time it was thought to be due to a muscle spasm caused by a fluid collection.

Key thing that revealed a bigger problem was my PT seeing that one leg was shorter than the other (he had a technique to measure this when lying down). From my experience, worth having checked out by physical exam from your doc.
  • Thanks Emily, my appointment isnt' until the 8th and I hope that it is just muscle and not something worse. I hurt but think that the pain is normal pains from having the surgery. Still in more pain than before the surgery and wandering why.
    Concerned is all and don't want to go through another surgery to fix something.
  • Here is a picture of the lean I am talking about. Was about to take the picture and then go lay back down.
    Doesn't look normal at all.