Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member introduction

I just joined this forum today, and wanted to introduce myself. I am a 38 year female, and I have suffered from lower back pain since I was 18. The pain has become dramatically worse in the last 10 years, and has now reached a point where it is constant and pretty dibilitating.
My most recent MRI showed three herniated discs at L3-4, L4-5, and L5-S1 with two root nerve impingements at L4 and L5. I also have moderate to marked central canal stenosis and facet joint issues. And my most painful condition is my sciatica which causes me pain and numbness down both legs and into my feet. I have some nerve damage in my right leg as well.
I have seen three doctors at this point, and all three have mentioned possible surgical treatments, but all three have also expressed the opinion that I should continue to try other treatments first. I agree with them, and am going to put off surgery as a last option only if nothing else works.
I am currently taking non-prescription nsaids for pain and swelling, although they don't really seem to have any effect. I do not take narcotic pain killers for personal reasons. I am currently doing PT and my doctor has prescibed an exercise program that includes walking, yoga and other strengthening exercises. I am also trying to lose a bit of weight to take some pressure off of my spine. My doctor and I are going to see if the exercise makes any difference in my pain and mobility before making any other decisions. I will be doing a follow up with him in a month.
I look forward to meeting other people on this forum and having people to talk to that are experiencing similar things. Chronic pain can make a person feel very alone even when they are surrounded bu people. At least that has been my experience lately. I am glad I found this forum :)
If I forgot to add any info to my introduction just let me know.

• Hi and welcome dancing hen.

You mention nerve damage to the your right leg. What is the result? Muscle function compromised? Has the risk of further nerve damage been discussed? Is the numbness in your legs / feet continuous or intermittent?
  • Hi and welcome to our nightmare ,

How about injections ? Have you tried injections along with pt ?

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,