Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

constant chronic pain

I have been living in agony for 8 years. It is time for me to give up and consider suicide. Pain doctors are getting worse and worse.

• maggiemaymmaggiemay Posts: 2
    edited 12/23/2012 - 7:07 PM
    Why are pain doctors afraid of helping patients?
  • Go see a different doctor. Nothing is worth taking your own life. I can assure you that nothing will get better if you go the suicide route. Find someone to help you. They are out there. Never give up.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • They're afraid of the DEA. It's understandable on this "war on drugs" psychosis.
  • Maggiemay, keep looking for the doctor that will help you. I know it's difficult, but my sister took her own life and I'll never forgive her. You can't just leave those behind to be angry for God knows how many years. You have to take that energy and find the doctor that will CARE for you. You will probably never be pain-free, I know I won't, so knowing that, I strive for pain-less. Enough to function physically and enough to keep me mentally viable.

Don't do anything to harm yourself, there's someone out there that will care and take whatever time is needed to get you to where you can live with it. Please don't use the "S" word - it's not in our vocabulary!

• Maggiemay, please keep looking for a Dr. You will find one out there. I once had to travel 1-2 hours away, and found one. I know its rough, but there is one out there for you. Please do not do suicide, that is not a answer. Please respond so we know that you are ok. You are family here, and we are all in this together. We love you!! :)

L3-L4 minimally invasive spinal fusion L3 - L4 with cage and rods. Aug 24th, 2012
    Hardware Removal Feb 24, 2014
    DDD, Thyroid Disease
    Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
    SI Joint dysfunction
  • MsHumptyDumptyMMsHumptyDumpty Posts: 1,567
    edited 12/25/2012 - 8:03 AM
    maggie I have been in your shoes! I too have been like this for 8 yrs now. When I joined here I was thinking about suicide. I felt like NO ONE really understood my pain & all my challenges. My pain levels were very high and I could not find help from any drs.

The members here urged me to keep looking. I did. I am not pain free but I DO have a life again :)

Please know that many of us here really DO understand & have been right where you are. Come here to vent, rant, rave and cry. let us be your safety net.

We can't fix you but we can and will hold your hand and help you the best we can as you find help. we really DO care! :hug:
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,868
    tell us more about you. Its so hard for any of us to try to make valid responses when we dont know where you have been, what you have been doing and where you are heading.

The medical field is there to help you, at times it just doesnt seem that way. When you hear all those stories about doctors being afraid of the DEA, to me that is because they are not doing their jobs.

Any sound physician would be able to easily justify any medication or treatment for one of their patients. As long as the patient needs it and their doctor agrees, the DEA is no more than a simple formality.

Before you start to run looking for new doctors, make sure you have exhausted all avenues with your existing doctor.
    Make sure you are both on the same page, that you understand each other and that there are no surprises.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I also have been in those crappy shoes....and no matter what this minute in our lives hold....the next minute can change for the better!!! It really can, and does! We all care about you, because you are in our Spiney Family! Please let us know ow you are doing today!
    a little thing I do on those bad minutes of this awful roller coaster.....I have named my back...her name is Bertha. I make up really baaaaad rap songs to her about my pain...I get mad at her, I cry to her, I joke to her....well, my family always said I live in my own bubble, lol. Each to their own! It does help me though.
    You have to find something that helps you in those bad moments....cause it is something to have control over,

Thinking of you!
This discussion has been closed.