All NEW members, your first discussion needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published. Please dont create duplicate discussions.
Hi My Name is Jamie and I am new to the forum. I have several questions and issues. I will fill you in and please give me any info and advice. I am 36 and have a lumbar injury from work. After 3 weeks of PT, which made the pain worse, My Ortho dr decided to do an MRI. Results, L4-L5 L5-S1 Herniated Disc and 2 bulging. One of the worse he has seen in a long time. I injured this by being thrown backwards while my legs were pinned from my knees down ( kind of like the punching bag we had as kids you punch it and it goes backwards and come back up).
I have already had one epidural last Thrusday and it helped with some pain when standing for about 10 hours and then it has gone back tot he same thing. I will be going for a second epidural Wed. and my Dr appt is on Thursday. As time has gone by I have gotten worse. It went from back pain and some issues moving around to leg pain (sciatica) and numbness and now I am falling. If I stand up both of my feet go to sleep. My right leg and foot are completely numb. I find myself walking on the side of my foot instead of normal ( which can cause probs in the future if it continues) My right hip feels like someone ripped it out of its socket and put in back in backwards. This is awful!. When I stand I find my self hunched over and having to stand still for a few before staning straight up and walking or I may fall. I have to get out of the vehicle with 2 feet as my right leg has given on me and I found myself on the ground. I will say that since the first epidural the vibration I was getting up and down my leg isn't as bad as it was. My Dr offered the Epidurals and if they didn't help he then said I would have to have a discectomy. He didn't want me to do but one epi and if there wasn't a significant amount of difference then he was going to send me to the the nuero but I can get one more in before the appt so I thought I would see if it would help. I know a epi is just a temporary fix for the most part but the pain has become awful and the meds are not helping. Also, I can not take NSAIDS (anti infalmmatory) due to the Ortho Dr put me on them and a few days later I found myself in the hosp vomiting blood - the NSAIDs caused very bad ulcers. I work as a Rural Mail Carrier and have been on workmans comp since Oct. 26.... I am limited on doing anything and life has gotten hard because of this.... I assume when I go Thurs. he is going to send me to a Nuero for surgery... Any help or advice is appreicated.