Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

To all spineys and my friends in pain

Hi everyone , I havent posted in a while , its been a hard month since losing my job , I am fighting anxiety and depression and cant seem to think right anymore , I really apreciate all the support from everyone on here and hope all of you have a pain free and Merry Christmas ,I think about all of you each and every day even though im not on here much ..I will get through this and there will be happy days again ..I know its not good to withdraw from life and people that support me its just hard right now ..

• Hey KC. It's ok to withdraw sometimes, just don't live there too long. We'll be here when you come back. I know you've been going through some really, really rough times lately, but things will get better, they really will. Somehow it all comes back in a circle and things right themselves again.

Life's a pendulum and you have to go with the flow. Hang in there, do what you have to for you and we'll see you when you come back. Until then, know we're thinking of you.
  • Hi, I am new here and just found this site. I noticed you Kentucky Girl, we have much in common. I lost my job as of Dec 15th, my doctor declared me disabled and unable to work. I have fought for over a year and a half since my surgery to keep working. I couldn't stand it anymore. I had an hour commute one way, the pain was awful. I had anterior and posterior fusion at C3-C7 with instrumentation. I have spinal stenosis with myelopathy, kyphosis and radiculopathy. I have applied for SSD, SSI, Medicaid and food stamps. I am cashing out my 401K which is not much. I am a single female who has been in survival mode for the last 15 yrs. since my divorce. I thought that was the worst thing I had ever gone through, WRONG... I know life goes on, but what do you do? I tell myself there are people worse off but somehow it doesn't seem to make me feel any better. Quality of life, what's that? I am just reaching out to those like me, no one else understands. I am terrified, will I end up under the bridge, cold and hungry. I rent, my car is not paid for and creditors are calling wanting their money. I will not even have medical insurance after the 31st. I cannot even imagine trying to endure this pain without meds.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    edited 12/26/2012 - 5:26 AM
    a bit, some longer than others. I think that is perfectly normal. The main thing is that you dont let that withdrawal become a habit.
    And KC, what I do know about you, you will be kicking it up soon, snapping back to where you want to be. Sure, the pain will probably be around, but you will continue to find ways to manage it.

One of the best things about these forums is that we do Support Each Other!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I haven't been here a lot either and wonder what's next also. I started Cymbalta again for depression and the nerve pain. I'm trying to get back into to aquatherapy arthritis aquafit in a warm water community pool and it's the only time I feel pain free in the water.

I know you will get through this also it's not easy. Hugs. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.