Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

January Surgery

I'm new to this site and could not figure out how to post to existing topics. Sorry to start a new duplicate topic. I had and ACDF from C5 thru T1 in June 2011. I am now scheduled to have posterior surgery on January 21st. Rods will be put in from C6 to T3. I currently have a bulging disc at T1-T2 causing pain in left shoulder and back. Will be looking for any advise or support now or after surgery.

• PennyPPenny Posts: 162
    edited 12/25/2012 - 10:58 AM
    I am scheduled for an acdf on January 3rd. I have been spending a lot of time preparing for surgery. There is a wonderful sticky at the top of this group which is a list of suggestions for preparing for surgery. Check it out. Just bear in mind, it is a list for all spinal surgeries, so weed out those not meant for your circumstance.

Good luck
    4 level ACDF completed on January 3rd.
    I developed an infection which required reopening the wound on January17th
    Looking forward to life without as much pain!
  • The tips are part of the FAQ, that is near the top of this page. The tips are excellent.

There are lots of links to great medical info there as well a medical glossary. The articles on this site are mainly written by doctors.

You may wish to post in the thoracic forum using a title that describes your op. That may prompt folks with experience in your op to give you advise.

Good luck.