Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Abdominal Pain/Discomfort 4 Weeks Post SCS Implant!!!!!!

Hello All,

I received a permananat implant (boston scientific precision plus system) on 11/26/2012. The paddle was placed at T-9 and the IPG is placed above my left but cheek. This stems from leg pain caused by failed laminecotmy syndrome (I had an open tlif l5/s1 11/21/2011) after 15 years of chornic back pain and non-surgical technique. I seem to have been getting some discomfort/pain for the past week on either side of my abdonmen. Gernerally higher up on the abdomen, either equal or above the belly button to each side. Whether the stim is on or off. I do not beleive the stim is reaching that high on my body as i had it adjusted a couple weeks ago. Whats odd is I woke up this morning and feel pretty good. I called my GP and made an appt for tommorow anyways but wanted to see if others during recovery had the same issues.. Anyone else have similiar issues?

• upper right hand side pain but it was because of the scs needing to be adjusted. It was definately the scs cuz you know how that feels. It can be a very annoying feeling if that stim is near your belly. I had to turn mine off till I had it adjusted. If you are sure it is NOT because of your stim, then you have done the right thing by calling your doc.

What have you found out? Was it the stim?

Herniated disc C5 C-6, DDD, Fibromyalgia, Nerve damage both arms, Disc Decompression, SCS 2010, Si joint pain, many epidurals, mri's, trigger point injections. Nerve conduction tests, RFA 11/28/12, RLS