Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feeling sharp pins

i has lower back surgery 21 months ago not been out of pain since .... over the last 3 weeks new pain like pins sticking in my spine over left buttock and down left leg ..... it catches and then its hard to put my foot down....
never felt this before even with sciatica
anyone else know what this is ....should i go doc

any advice welcome

• Sorry to hear about this new pain. With your being so far out from surgery, I would go ahead and call the doc and explain your new symptoms. It can't hurt and you need to know if something new is happening.

I've had surgery every two years since 2008, so it seems that the timing is such that depending on what you've been doing physically, you may need some conservative treatment before things get worse. That's just my two cents, but to me, it never hurts to call your doc to get confirmation or get new symptoms checked out.

Let us know how things go.
  • thanks ...... at this time of year can never get in docs.......will rest today see if it gets worse....just dint like the feel of it....def not sciatica as that nerve is dead long ago ......
  • What type of surgery did they perform ? Often they go with the least invasive procedure if they feel it might help correct the problem but dont always mean it works, Your only option is follow up with the doctor and make him aware what ever he did never fixed the problem or it created a new set of concerns and symptoms,

Sadly this hapens all the time any time they mess with a persons spine so its not unusual to develop new symptoms,

Good luck, Maybe a new MRI will help find what is going on,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • my doc is diff to surgeon and its harder to get hold of the surgeon in the uk ... u leave msgs over n over again with his secretary to no avail..
    i had spinal fusion L4/5/S1 spinal fusion with metal work
    I now have a numb bottom of spine as i had blood clots on nerve endings after op and couldnt move my left leg.... now i can move it but cant feel anything
    the pins stabbing pain hasnt stopped all day ...been like this on n off for 3 weeks

will try see doc tomoro
This discussion has been closed.