Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Well here I am day after surgery,supprisingly i feel alot better then what i was anticipating:-)
The Doc said my bones were actually alot worse then what showed up on mri,so surgery took a little longer then they thought and had to remove more bone then 1suspected. But all in all i'm in good spirits and the pain meds are working like a champ. Pt is on there way to get me up to do the walk about.. Praying for you all who are having issues,for a speedy recovery!!
God bless you all!, and hope everyone had a great Christmas.
God Bless!!
L4,L5,S1 TLIF w/pedicle screws surgery was on12/27/2012

• Sounds like an auspicious start to your recovery.

Are things still going well? Hope so!
  • Day-3,sore but doing good,came of dilauded(sp?) drip yesterday,on percocet 10 every 4 hours and flexoril for spasms,got a valium yesterday,worked great for spasms but don't wanna sound like a med seaker:-\ was a one shot deal? But the original pain before surgery seems to be subsided a great deal. Got to walk around with pt yesyerday,even climbed up and down some stairs!..hopefully i get to go home today, tomorrow for sure... I pray you all who are recovering a good and speedy recovery! Have a great day all..too bad you can't post pics,as i've got some good ones:-)
    God Bless!!
  • Glad to hear you're doing so well!
    DDD L4-5 & L5-S1 w/ herniation
    Failed discectomy, 8-15-11
    Discogram, 11-14-12
    L4-S1 ALIF (2 plastic cages, 2 plates and 8 screws), 1-4-13
    FBSS & SI joint dysfunction, 12-30-13
    1 year post-op CT hardware scan & left SI joint injection, 1-17-14
  • So glad to hear how you are doing. This forum is a great source of encouragement for those who are waiting for surgery like me And for those like yourself who are literally in the first days of recovery from surgery. Please keep the updates coming. Praying for a good recovery for you and all others.
    Getting L5 S1 foraminotomy, and fusion with 4 bolts and 2 rods on 01/31/2013. Pars defect at L5, little to no disc between L5 S1, grade 2 stenosis at L5, pinched nerves.
  • Got Discharged today... Yay! There truelly is no place like home:-) got the coolest recovery wrap system,pumps cold water through a wrap so i don't have to worry about constant ice packs.. No plans on doing a marathon anytime soon but can get around and about the house pretty good:-) keep a good attitude and all should be good, i have a great support system here at home and think that is half the battle!.. I live in an apartment building and was able to climb 3 flights of stairs w/o too much trouble. Stay safe everyone and will keep all who are interested up to date on progress...
    God Bless!!
  • Great to hear your good start to recovery.

Posting pics - see http://www.spine-health.com/forum/forum-help-troubleshooting-suggestions/how-post-pictures

Hope you can get it to work. You have to post the pic to a website like Photobucket first, then code a link in your SH post.

Take care.