Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Testing my photobucket skills! Looking for answers!

3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012

• here. Please help me size them down if possible. And I am in a bit of a tizzy....I dont see anything happening in there...anyone, anyone? I am 5 months post 3 level and hoping I have missed the beginning of fusion. I know we cant diagnose but Im just looking for HONEST OPINIONS...thats all! Peace, Ellen
  • backbback Posts: 190
    edited 12/29/2012 - 12:59 AM
    To be honest, its really difficult to see if you are fusing with xrays unless it's completely done. A ct scan is the definitive tool in determining if you are/have fused. The xrays will tell your doc if anything has moved or if he suspects a loose screw.

Are you having problems?

• ok looks like you are screwed ! Actualy you are screwed 8 times, If you ever decide to have the hardware removed after you are fused make sure you save and ask for the hardware,
    They removed my hardware and i saved the rods and screws just cause i could, If everyone would send me there screws i could finaly build that fence i always wanted, With those screws in your spine at about i think 1200 dollars a pc, I would have the most expensive fence in town,

I am sure you will fuse fine i would not worry, Just give it time, As long as your not having any unusual pain issues things should be fine,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,835
    This comes out of the help guide:

Displaying images

The tag allows you to display an image in your post. You need to specify a URL to the image, so it needs to be accessible somewhere on the internet. Beware of adding very large images to your text, or the page will load very slowly!

If you enclose a URL in an [img] tag, then it will be replaced with code to display the image. For example A good screenshot: image will show you the screenshot (if it exists).

You can also specify the desired display dimensions of the image by adding a dimension parameter to the [img] tag. A good screenshot: [img=640x480]http://example.com/screenshot.png will display the image in 640x480 (though the full image will be downloaded). Do not use this to show a thumbnail of an image!

You are free to link an image to an external destination by enclosing the [img] tag with a [url] tag: See ">image.

See if this helps you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks Ron...still a bit over my head but I can break it down and not give you guys my GIGANTO body images next time. I do have my CT also, just have no idea what to look for and there are like 400 images...just too much for me. I have constant pain, more so now than, lets say 8 weeks out. The disc above is not in good shape and he said he can fix it but wants to wait for this fusion to heal. I just want some life back, like the rest of us. I cant really drive anymore...drugs and leg weakness is not a good combination. Well you guys know the game....lack of sleep, lack of quality time with a partner, kids feeling their already old mom is now their grandma....no different than anyone else...doesnt make it any easier....Again, thanks for being here guys...Peace, Ellenz