Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anthracnoid Cyst

tuesdaycarrollttuesdaycarroll Posts: 1
edited 01/03/2013 - 12:24 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello! Sorry to hear I'm not alone. I've been ill for eight years with nausea and vomiting. I've had unexplained peritonitis times two that required surgery. I've been hospitalized numerous times for uncontrolled vomiting, had my gall bladder removed, and bouts of pancreatitis. For the last fifteen years I have been complaining and receiving medications and treatment for thoracic back pain, felt like I had been hit with a baseball bat.. Finally in October 2013 I insisted on an MRI to see what was wrong with my back. The MRI showed a Central spinal fluid blockage. The orthopedic and my Neurologist wanted to give me a nerve block and back rehab. I have been a licensed practical nurse since 1978 --- I got a copy of the MRI looked at it on my computer , goggled the results and found I had an Arachnoid Cyst. I insisted on seeing a Neurosurgeon who confirmed my diagnosis of an Anthracnoid cyst in five minutes. The last two years my right leg started to drag and I have intermittent weakness of both arms. I had a thoracic lamenectomy of the T-4 through T-7 spines in October. The surgery is extremely painful for the first month post-op , the doctors give you plenty of pain medications , they know it's painful. I'm in Physical Therapy now, I get a little better each day.The medical people don't know if I'll regain all my strength it's doubtful because it went on so long but I won't continue to deteriorate any further into paralysis which is a good thing. I can stand up straight it's been years! It feels so good to be able to stand up straight, I look forward to more improvements as time goes by! PS: Anthracnoid cysts causes nausea, vomiting, back pain, incontinence, headaches and weakness ----- all the things I've been suffering with for eight years!
Linda Carroll Frank

• Linda, wow, you've had a hard ride to get here and sounds like a fair amount of .... hmmm, shall we say, ..... less than optimum medical diagnostic service provided to you along the way. But it's great to hear about your improvements and the recovery that's going so well.

Just goes to show that spiney's need to be well self educated to be able to interact effectively and assertively with our medical community.

I've had some nerve damage, weakness (foot drop), regeneration and intensive PT, so I know a little about what you are going through, however, you have had much greater extent than me.

Really interested in following your progress Linda.

Take care.