Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Upon Waking in every Joint in my Body....

Hello I am writing to find out if anyone else has encountered Severe Pain Upon Waking in All of my Joints in my Body, When I first wake up in the Morning I have to lay in bed, and I feel Very Stiff, I also feel Horrible Throbbing pain in all of my Joints. What I do is I reach over for my pain meds which consist of Opana ER 10mg and I take 1 Norco 10/325 I lay there until the meds kick in then I get up slowly and go about, making coffee and taking my shower or get dressed depending if I have soaked the night before in a warm bath.

I have recently had a Radio Frequency Ablation at c6 & c7 Bi-lateral do to a non-union at those levels. I cannot have this surgery to fuse at this point in time because I am not strong enough to go thru the Surgery, I had the RFA on 11/27/12 when i wake up it feels like I put my right hand in a Hot Oven like 400 degrees I grab a ice pack ,as I cannot take any of the Nerve pain medications, I have tried and cannot Tolerate the side effects. I have to see Pain Dr, again in January, but he has written A Bloodwork, and I am needing a MRI of lumbar beccause I am having issues with pain there also. I do have DDD. I have had to fill out Paper work to file for Financial Aid to Help pay for these Tests. I am not working, I had a ACDF 4-7 in 2010. I have filed SSDI last March, was denied once already, awating the next decision which I am sure I will be denied again, but I am not giving up, because I am not able to work in this Type of Pain. I am a Corporate Travel Agent and it is a Very Fast Paced, Stressful job, and there is No room for errors, or being slow. The Medications I take makes me very forgetful and I get frusterated very easily. As I am typing this topic I have pins and needles in my finger tips on my right hand.

Thank you.

acdf c4-c7 in 05/10 DDD
buldging dics in l4 & l5 09/09-last mri

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.

• Hopefully you have gotten the message I responded to from you in your pm box. Like I said you might want to check out some of those new medications.
  • I did recieve the pm, and you nailed it again thank you for your very very valuable information. I am going to follow up with My Doctor's and with this advice, they r going to know I have talked with someone who has been there done that :) U made my day! I cannot say enough about how much help you have given to me, It means the World to know there is Someone who Truly Get's it and Listens to Me.

• I am Posting after my PM Dr. appt on Monday January 28th. Per My visit my PM dr. has said that Unless the Needles were placed in the Wrong Place after My RFA something else Must be going on. I am waiting on an Authorization from my Insurance Insurance company, to move forward and have the tests the PM dr. recommends, Blood work to check for Inflamation and sed rates, and also a MRI of my Lumbar. I am still experiencing horrible Nerve pain in my right hand and all fingers exxcluding my Pinky finger, I still am waking up in Joint Pain. However I did get awful news On Wednesday January 27th. My ex husband has been diagnosed with Acute Stage 2 Heart Failure and will Be having Surgery On Sunday Feb 3rd to have a Gushaunt inplanted next to his pacemaker/difublator so he can have a pump force medication thru his body to keep him alive, he looks to me to help him thru this Life Changing Event. So I am heading to Hospital Sunday Morning to be there prior to surgery to wish him well and plan on spending the night with him so he is Not Alone. We all have our Issues.Some more Urgent than Other's.
  • david rasmussenddavid rasmussen Posts: 2
    edited 02/27/2013 - 7:45 PM
    From the sound of your symptoms please look into CPRS (complex regional pain syndrome) When I finally got a diagnosis, it was with thermography. My right foot was 8 degrees hotter than my left. Formerly called RSD Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, it's a disruption of the sympathetic nervous system. Other symptoms are shiny dry skin, blotchy skin, irregular hair growth or loss of hair, fast growing nails but above all excruciating burning pain. Talk with your neurologist and get a series of stelllar ganglion blocks and do it pronto: it's a progressive disease. The blocks function both to treat and diagnose. For nerve pain, try lyrica. It is more tolerable than the neurontin I started on. Get them to up your pain meds. Fentanyl patches can alleviate much of the pain but you should also get opioids for breakthrough pain. For sleep they recommend amitryptiline or trazadone. Definately try TENS in addition to the meds. This disease can be put into remission if acted on swiftly and aggressively. Make sure to drink plenty of water: no soda or caffeine. Also, make sure you get good nutrition and eat like a diabetic.

Please refrain from providing medical advice. What may be fine for you , could potentially be harmful to another The Spine-Health Moderator Team
    Link removed, solicitation not permitted
    Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team

This discussion has been closed.