Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval
ATTENTION: All NEW MEMBERS
1) Your first discussion or comment needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

post L4/L5 ganglion cyst removal and herniation on L5/S1...Tightness

Hello I had surgery on December 4th to remove a cyst between L4/L5 that was compressing nerve and causing sciatica down left leg. It has been about 5 weeks since surgery and I still have some tightness in my hamstring and butt..I cannot completly straighten my leg because of the tightness in my hamstring and butt area. I was wondering if anyone else has this type of problem and will it resolve. The cyst was compressing my nerve for about 3 months I lost use of my calf muscle and atrophy. I am able to stand on my yip toes now where I wasnt able to before. Should I be more patient or is this something I need to be concerned about.
advertisement