Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2013 - The Year Ahead of Us

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
edited 01/08/2013 - 1:32 PM in Matters of the Heart
At the end of December 2012, I posted a thread dealing with the various ups/downs and emotions we all went through during the year, 2012. 2012 ended with some tragedy that makes anything we do here or feel to be very insignificant.

Now, I would like to change focus to what is ahead of us in 2013!
  • Work to have peace within our family so that all members understand the medical situations
  • Work to establish an effective relationship with your doctor, built on trust and confidence
  • Leave all of our negative feelings back in 2012. We are what we are now, you cant go back, you can only go forward
  • Try to help another member on Spine-Health as often as you can
  • Do help others in life in whatever way you can
  • Be thankful for your life , many others are not as lucky
  • Be thankful that you have the ability to make and read posts here, many others can not
  • Find ways to make yourself better, both physically and emotionally
  • Give up on that you can not accept what you are, focus in on accepting who you are and move forward
  • Establish healthy exercise/eating/drinking habits
  • Be Positive
  • Make an impact in the world, no matter how small it may seem
  • And most important, ENJOY 2013
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Ron:

I found it interesting that you posted this advice. I have been struggling lately with my own issues and realized how easy it is for each of us to introvert and fail to see the life that exists outside of us.

A saying that has always impacted me is about the person who felt sorry for himself because he had no shoes, until he met a man who had no feet. Our pain is personal and real, but we are each a member of society and have something to contribute, even on our worst days (had one today). There's always someone who can benefit from something we do or say.

Another mantra that I have repeated to myself several times over the years under stressful circumstances...if I stop trying (moving) and I am still conscious, then I quit - I am not a quiter, therefore I must keep moving/trying.

I appreciate your post. It made a positive impact on me today.