Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, first post, here's my sciatica story.

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for an answer but it seems that my issue may be unique. I've always had nerve pain shooting down my right leg but about a week ago the pain became excruciating. Here's a quick backstory:

Woke up on Christmas Eve and my back was feeling stiff and sore. The nerve pain in my leg was a bit stronger than usual. I thought maybe traditional (ice, heat, and stretching) may help. A week later my uncles asked me to move a bed and some of his music equipment all while my back was still feeling stiff and sore (stupid I know). A couple of days later I woke up and my back was curved to the left and away from the side where my nerve pain was feeling. My nerve pain was excruciating. I went to see a chiropractor for a consultation. They took some X-rays and found that my back was curved and curvature of my back was causing my lumbar disc to pinch my sciatica nerve. I am glad it's not a herniated disc.

This may be the wrong forum but I'm wondering if it may be a muscle spasm that is causing my back to curve. I noticed that my muscle is really tight on the side were the sciatica pain is at.

Somewhat relevant information: 24 year old male and lives a relatively active lifestyle.

The only pain I feel is the pinching of the sciatica nerve and I know the fact that my spine is curved is what may be causing that pinch.

Any help is appreciated and if this is the wrong forum then apologies. Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• When I first was injured I also leaned off to the side - to my right (I actual still do some what). But my sciatic pain was/is on my left. So guess I am the oddball ;)

If I were you I would think about seeing a good massage therapist and or getting some PT (PT also offer massages) and see if you can get a handle on this quickly :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Thanks for answering! It's good to know that we're both oddballs! I'm definitely going to seek some sort of help. I'm heating my back right now to loosen the tight muscle in hopes it'll help me standing straight again.