Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Understanding MRI Results

I have some questions that I dont know the answer to. I have done research but I am not sure. First I will start with MRI report and go from there.

Findings: There is loss of cervical lordosis with the development of mild Kyphosis centered at the C4-5 Level. Mild disc space narrowing at the c5-6.

C2-3 Normal

C4-5 Mild central disc bulging without significant thecal sac deformity.

C5-6 Mild central protrusion with Mild anterior deformity of the thecal sac.

C6-7 Same as C5-6

C7-T1 Mild central protrusion with associated annular tear and minimal thin inferior extending extrusion component. There is anterior deformity of the thecal sac.

Questions as followed:
What is anterior deformity of the thecal sac?
Can this annular tear be causing pain?

I have needle like pokes at the bottom of my neck. occasional pain in the arms. Pain in both shoulders. Pain, pressure, and burning between the shoulder blades. The family doc says no nerves are being touched, but I dont understand the pain. I am not on any medication or in physical therapy. Cant see the nuerosurgeon until March of 2013.
Thank You!

• Cprivet: welcome here. it is against the rules to interpret reports. But explaining specific medical terms is different. You can get this from http://www.spine-health.com/glossary

note: that it is wise for a new member to read the FAQ near to off page.

Anterior deformity of the thecal sac = Disc pressing on tummy side of spinal column.

Tears can cause pain. The nerves on the discs outer surface can become irritated by the disc fluid that leaks out of a disc via a tear. Many discs with tears don't cause any pain. Just some discs in some people.

Lot of info on this website that can help you understand what could be wrong. The FAQ has good advice for selecting and preparing for surgeon consultations.

Take care.