Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

here I go again :(

Hey spineys this week and last been really bad flare up. I can often push thru pain, but now again my feet have gone numb. Went walking and 30minutes in my feet go numb, pressure in lower back and pain in legs has increased.

I tried all wk to find a spine/ or pain doc. My insurance sucks.
I have all new docs, new pulmonary, new GP whom I can't keep cause she doesn't take my insurance. She called in some norco but only 5mg every 6 hrs...doesn't touch this pain.

She told me make appt with pain clinic well duh tried that. Long ride for nothing.
I am going have to find spine doc or pain management soon.
This numbness is scarring me along with pressure.

Hope you all have save and pain free as possible wkend

Has anyone had feet go numb and pain n pressure lower back n leg pains severe??? advice please
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.

• Hi. I have similar symptoms to yours 14 weeks after laminoforaminotomy/discectomy where an extruded disc was compressing nerve. Have you had an EMG/nerve conduction test done? It sounds as if there might be a nerve healing or scarring occurring. I had bad pain last night and had trouble going to sleep until slapped another Lidoderm patch on. Does changing position, ice, heat, or gentle PT help?
    I am so sorry you are having insurance difficulties. That stinks. I wish there were better answers and help available to us. I hope you get some relief soon. Good luck-
  • hey shish,
    great name, I had emg done hmm over yr n half I say it was borderline says the neuro who did it.
    After tests n more test over yr n half he had his rn call tell me I need to find good pain doc.
    Diagnosed with fibromyalgi and nerve issues.
    I am in search of pain doc or spine doc to help me out.
    what sucks is I finally found another pulmonary doc but my pcp is not in the group. And so far not found a pain doc that takes it.

been thru esi's pt, tons different meds.
    Just trying find a good doc to listen takes long time. I had few docs but I can't pay 125.00 to see them each.

Hope you have good recovery don't over do things when you start feeling better.

neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
  • Sounds like you've done everything and gone through the mill. Don't ya love non-insuring insurance? I REALLY hope you can connect with a Dr. who is covered (or cheaper!) who is competent. I think fibromyalgia is the kitchen sink diagnosis they give out when they are too incurious or busy to do real detective work. I go back to work in a few days and hope to goodness that I can handle it. I don't see how you've put up with your stuff for as long as you have--except that I guess we don't have much choice sometimes. Well...best of luck to you!
  • starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
    edited 01/13/2013 - 5:21 AM
    is real as I have been to docs that treat it, however they all say just deal with it. And I am not the person to say that to.
    I sure hope you can have less pain, and work is not an issue.

I know it's my s1 area, my last ortho wanted to do a discogram but I don't see the point of it. I won't be having any more surgeries.
    I sure hope to find a doc this wk. I have to wait out a few more winters in Chicago, then after son graduates I will be flying south. Winter time is pure hell, but I find ways to keep busy.
    I hope the nerves calm down.
    I went back to work after my fusion, but my work was just telling others what to do, and I was on light duty.
    So ppl were super nice and helped me out.
    I so miss going out working, my work was mainly social as I helped ppl spend their money. I love home decor, but it was very physical.
    What type of work do you do, can you be on light duty for a bit?

• humanshishkabobhhumanshishkabob Posts: 65
    edited 01/14/2013 - 11:07 AM
    Dear Stars,
    I know Fibro is real, I've got a good friend who has it-sorry. Sometimes I'm an insensitive clod. I just get mad about my surgeon diagnosing a possible fibro attack after my surgery and wish I could take Neurontin for the nerve pain, but I can't. I still have trouble to adjusting to life after back trouble and surgery. I want to do what I can to not have any more surgery.

I start back at work tomorrow with a long commute and am anxious about it. Even if it is a few days a week. My work isn't bad, but I have to remember NOT to do some things and to move with better body mechanics. I need to get back for my own sanity and learn to interact with people again. I just don't want to do anything silly. Or sillier than usual.

I hope you are able to get out even in the winter's snow or at least Skype friends and family? It's been milder here in upstate NY and I hope it isn't bad yet in your neck of the woods. I really hope you find a new doc that can help. It is amazing how different they are. Do you have any friends who can recommend any docs in your area? I'm sure you'll find someone, it just may take more time than you'd like.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    of conditions. But I think the simplest of the definitions is chronic widespread pain! Living with it can also bring into play, fatigue, sleep problems, joint stiffness. swallowing problems, numbness and tingling, bowel bladder problems, stress and anxiety.

All sounds so good doesnt it! I believe most people who have been dealing with chronic pain for extended periods of time also suffer from fibromyalgia. Treatments vary, and from a medicine view, I think muscle relaxers and nerve medications can offer a good deal of relief.

About 18 years ago, after more complex problems, I was sent to this special Physical Therapist. Special, I mean she treated fibromyalgia directly. She wasnt into the gym equipment, colored bands, exercise balls, etc. She concentrated on deep Infrared heat combined with massage and stretching. She also incorporated gentle aqua therapy. Back then, her methods were almost considered un-conventional. But today, that type of treatment is becoming the norm.

Today, I try to keep up with the heat and aqua therapy. At least that way I can keep fibromyalgia somewhat under control, in order to deal with the rest of my body.

Now flying south! I've always been a New York person, relocated into Western Connecticut and love the 4 seasons.
    However, after the long nasty snowy winter we had two years ago, the thought of warmer weather sounds real good.
    Perhaps a snow bird, but who knows, I might run into you down in the warmer south.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com