Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Prednisone for 7 days...

I have DDD since last week diagnosed after a severe back pain, my doctor prescribed me Prednisone for 7 days, and the pain went away little by little everyday but tomorrow is my last day of treatment.
Does anyone know if my pain will come back without Prednisone??? Any experience?

• I was given that before my surgery. Initially I felt better.. BUT it was only temporary. Doesn't mean that will be your case, it could help.
  • I have severe multi-level DDD. I just ended my 2nd time on prednisone. I felt great while taking it, but the pain and stiffness came back within a week of stopping. however, it was not as bad as before the treatment. My first time taking Prednisone was about 3 months ago. I hope it works for you.
  • Thanks guys for your answers..
    I have also multi-levels DDD: L4-5 (bulging) and L5-S1 (protrusion) so I am not expecting zero pain but I hope at least I will be able to move because my first crisis was very severe and I couldn't get up from bed... :-(
    A question: How do you deal with driving and DDD? My commute is 45 min, and I know driving is the worst thing...

• chrisl1208cchrisl1208 Posts: 21
    edited 01/14/2013 - 2:37 PM
    We always read bad news on this forum...but wanted to share those good news!!!
    It seems a 7-day prednisone treatment worked for me... Today, I didn't take any medicine and I am pain free!!!
    Good Luck everybody!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    hopefully enough to get a patient past a 'flare up' Definitely, not intended for long term usage and it is always important to titrate down on your dosage.

Hopefully, this is what you needed to get you by
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • i am wondering if 7 days of prednisone can help to heal the disc at all after one stops?
This discussion has been closed.